276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Weakness in Me: The Selected Lyrics of Joan Armatrading

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The new volume also has a foreword by distinguished record producer Glyn Johns, who produced Armatrading’s self-titled breakthrough album (featuring one of her signature hit singles, “Love and Affection”) in 1976. They also worked together on the subsequent A&M released Show Some Emotion (1977), To The Limit (1978) and the 1979 live album Steppin’ Out. The song was released in 1981 as part of Armatrading’s self-titled album. 9. What are some other popular songs by Joan Armatrading?

For Joan Armatrading, that sense of sensuality and magic has always been seminal in her canon of work. For over fifty years the English/Kittian singer-songwriter has walked a unique path, shimmering between pop stardom and introspective studio albums that have always seemed more of an elegant puzzle than a revelation. What has never altered is her love of language. Whilst some of her contemporaries have long since waded into more temperament waters, Armatrading still has a glimmer of what novelist Jim Harrison once described as a sense of echo. Great prose that basically calls and tells upon itself. ‘East or west/ Where’s the best/ For romancing.’The line indicates that the narrator is torn between her loyalty to her current lover and her feelings for the other person. 5. What is the legacy of The Weakness In Me?

The Weakness in Me” tells the story of a woman in a relationship who meets someone while she is currently in love. Her current lover loves her, why would she look twice at anyone else? But she begins to fall for the new lover. We hear her struggle to keep the new love at bay. It is so hard. The physical chemistry is undeniable. It begins to complicate her life. Is she weak? Does her new lover feel this way about her too? The song can be classified as soulful pop or adult contemporary. 7. What instruments are used in The Weakness In Me? Watch: New Singing Lesson Videos Can Make Anyone A Great Singer I'm not the sort of person who fallsArmatrading has won several awards, including a Grammy Award for her 1992 album, Starlight. 11. Where is Joan Armatrading from?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment