276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sing Backwards and Weep: The Sunday Times Bestseller

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There had been a perpetual war between myself and the costume of persona I’d donned as a youngster and then worn my entire life.

Sing Backwards and Weep: Mayhem, music and drugs Sing Backwards and Weep: Mayhem, music and drugs

He doesn't totally go into detail about his strained relationship with Gary Lee Conner from the Trees but that he hated his lyrics and didn't like his guitar playing is obvious.Help us take some time today to remember Mark Lanegan with these facts from his autobiography Sing Backwards and Weep. More than halfway through this distressing book, he tackles the prism of his upbringing by a cruel and self-serving mother and a troubled father.

Remembering MARK LANEGAN: 15 Essential Facts From His First

That his dad was a drinker and a bit of a loner, a seemingly cool teacher at Lanegan’s school, had a father who served in the First War, was used to crazies (and married an abusive partner) all comes out slowly, and is something that should intrigue the reader. Rock memoirs are traditionally full of myth-building and depravity, but Lanegan’s account of his tenure in the proto-grunge quartet Screaming Trees sidesteps the myth-building and rushes headlong into grand guignol scenes of degradation and self-abuse. Kurt’s body had been found in the small room above his garage—the same room at which I had stood at the foot of earlier—the victim of an apparent suicide.There are epic stories of attempts to score drugs in strange cities while in painful states of withdrawal; on one such occasion, he ends up in London’s King’s Cross during early-morning rush hour, falling over and “spasm[ing] like a jellyfish on my side upon the hard concrete sidewalk, puking uncontrollably, tears streaming from my eyes”. He checked himself out of rehab yesterday, flew back to Seattle today, and now nobody can get in touch with him. For many, this would be their reliable rock’n’roll war story; for Lanegan, it was everyday life in the 1990s.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment