276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Everbuild Foam Sealant Joint Backer Rod 10mm x 10 Metre

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Closed cell joint backing foam also known as backer rod or polycord, is a flexible polyethylene cord. When applying the sealant, it is important to use the right tools and materials, such as a silicone gun or a sealing tool, to ensure that the sealant is distributed evenly and adheres properly to the surfaces of the joint. Select a backer-rod diameter that is approximately 15 to 25% larger than the width of the joint to give a firm base. I used white plastic quadrant mouldings around our bath, intended for use by double glazing installation.

Backing rod for fire resistant joint sealing in horizontal and vertical building structure applications. I’m particularly bad with sealant I never get it applied in a smooth manner without creating an awful and sticky mess. To install the rod, you can use your fingers or a smooth rounded ended tool to push it into the gap, leaving the finished surface approximately 5-mm back from the front edge of the face of the gap, to allow the silicone to adhere to both the rod and the two edges of the structure it has been injected into.Spent a lot of time looking for the right colour of sealant with no real results until I stumbled across Sealant Supplies.

The primary purpose of backer rod is to control the depth of the sealant and prevent it from bonding too deeply into the joint. Don’t think I could ask for more and I’ll certainly be using Sealant supplies again, what a great find. The foam satisfies the fire resistance requirement of 240 minutes at a depth of 20 cm and is suited for quick and inexpensive sealing between concrete elements, Leca and similar where the top finish is not required. Bond-It GP200 is a multi-purpose, low modulus silicone rubber sealant with fungicide, suitable for most sealing jobs around the home.

Everbuild Fix and Fill Foam is a one-part polyurethane foam in an aerosol form that is quick-setting. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment