276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lastly, as far as full-body SPFs go, this one has a more subtle scent. Though, it’s citrusy, so it may not be for everyone. You've heard it time and time again: Daily application of sunscreen is non-negotiable and that goes for all skin tones. The problem is too many sunscreens don't exactly work for darker skin tones. Yes, we all know it too well: you apply sunscreen only to look in the mirror to find that odd, white-ish gray film all over because the formula wasn't made to blend into melanin-rich skin. And the truth is, this shouldn't be the case. An unfortunate effect of this problem is that people with brown skin tend to just skip sunscreen altogether, but according to experts that's a big no-no.

Reef Repair Reef Safe Sunscreen SPF 30+ might not look like the highest quality SPF on the market, but inside the tube you’ll find a lighter-weight reef-safe sunscreen that feels considerably better than most of its competitors. “The consistency is really smooth — it spreads easily compared to other reef-safe sunscreens I've tried and absorbs almost immediately without a white cast [anywhere in sight],” our tester says. Best of all, this water-resistant, reef-safe sunscreen, which smells like an orange creamsicle, lives up to its claims. “I was impressed with how water resistant it is,” our tester marvels. “When I rubbed the water around on my arm, it did not seem to dissolve the sunscreen and rather just made the water bead on top of it.” Another option, as mentioned before, is to look for mineral sunscreens. “[Just be sure to] go through the ingredient list to rule out octinoxate, oxybenzone, and octocrylene,” Dr. Henry says.Biossance is cruelty free and the products are officially Leaping Bunny Certified. Leaping Bunny Certification means Biossance skin care products are free of animal testing at every stage of product development. Is Biossance Sunscreen Vegan? The Biossance Sunscreen — formally known as Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen — is guaranteed to protect the skin without leaving behind a white cast like most mineral sunscreens. Its lightweight texture blends into all skin tones, leaving a soft, dewy finish. One unique ingredient in the Biossance Sunscreen is water lily extract, which contains tannins, alkaloids, saponins, and polysaccharides. These components provide a strong nourishing, moisturizing, and regenerating effect on the skin, which helps to cool and calm skin after UV exposure and heat stress. How to Use Biossance Sunscreen? Simple but effective, this sunscreen offers moisturizing sun care with antioxidant-rich vitamin E. Slather it on liberally for all-day SPF 50 sun protection.

The easiest way to ensure you’re using reef-safe sunscreen is to choose a formula that’s clearly marketed as such. “Sunscreens with the Protect Land + Sea Certification Seal are considered safe,” Dr. Jamal says. Since squalene is very unstable, Biossance uses squalane because it’s a saturated and stable hydrocarbon that mimics squalene. Chemical sunscreens can be irritating and allergenic for some folks," explains Adarsh Vijay Mudgil, MD a board-certified dermatologist and medical director of Mudgil Dermatology in New York City. Some folks, according to board-certified dermatologist Corey L. Hartman, founder of Skin Wellness Dermatology in Birmingham, Alabama, is a whopping "25 percent of all people," he told Allure. If that statement rings true for you, it's time to consider a physical sunscreen with non-chemical shields. They reduce the risk of irritation to practically zero, due to "organic, inert, and hypoallergenic" formulas, Dr. Mudgil explains. Incidentally, sunscreens that don't contain chemical protectants are generally healthier for coral reefs. (In fact, Hawaii banned the sale of products with chemical filters oxybenzone and octinoxate altogether.) However, take the term "reef-safe" with a grain of salt, as it's not regulated.An important note on sunscreen safety: The FDA is proposing changes to sunscreen regulations, as some active ingredients can enter the bloodstream. Until it can reach a more robust conclusion on safety, the FDA — and the Good Housekeeping Institute Beauty Lab — urges Americans to continue using mineral and chemical sunscreen to protect against UV damage. Historically, squalane has been obtained from shark livers. But as you can imagine, this is not sustainable or eco-friendly. In addition to being super comfortable, we found that this SPF, while not marketed as water-resistant, does maintain its coverage in the presence of water. “This sunscreen seems to repel the water, making it roll off of my skin,” our tester adds, noting that spritzing her SPF-covered skin didn’t cause the product to run or drip. I find myself using less than I usually do because of the dewy finish, so I top it off with another layer of a more matte sunscreen.

Celebrating its core ingredient and bottling a bank of nourishing properties, the super-popular 100% Squalane Oil is a heaven-sent hydrating essential that can be used with all skin types. This ultra-moisturising formula encourages the natural cell renewal processes within your skin while sealing in essential hydration for lasting softness. Looking for clean skincare that is effective, natural, and affordable seems impossible these days. Look no further. Biossance has formulated the newest and greatest skincare and beauty products that are clinically and scientifically-proven. Biossance vegan, cruelty-free, and non-toxic moisturizers, and clean moisturizers, as well as clean cleansing oils are good for the environment and even better for your skin. Did we also mention that three of our products have been accepted by the National Eczema Association? These products are perfect for all skin types, even the most sensitive skin. You can find these skincare products stamped with the Seal of Acceptance from the National Eczema Association in our Clean Moisturizers and Clean Cleansing Oils collection. Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen has a very thin texture — so much so that it’s quite runny and takes pretty much zero effort to squeeze out of the tube. The consistency, while a potential leaking/mess hazard, is what makes this sunscreen absorb so well into skin. Even when our tester used a tablespoon of the SPF (instead of the recommended teaspoon), she found that there was no white cast. “I’m very impressed with its ability to absorb into my skin,” she admits.

Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50+

But did you know that, if you’re someone who likes to spend a lot of time in and near the water, the type of sunscreen you use is important, too. The reason? The chemicals in your SPF can rinse off and affect the ecosystems where you swim. That’s why Hawaii became the first state in the US to ban the sale of sunscreen containing the coral-harming chemicals oxybenzone and octinoxate in 2018. Since then, reef-safe sunscreens have become more and more popular, with seemingly endless brands entering the space. You may be aware that physical sunscreens like zinc oxide can leave that dreaded white cast after application. However, Biossance Sunscreen is formulated to blend in for all skin tones fast without leaving a trace. Overall, we think that Biossance Sunscreen is formulated well, and we’d recommend this product if you’re looking for a clean 100% mineral sunscreen. Pros And a similar Biossance Sunscreen review says, “I used this product twice; both times I had facial swelling and horrible itching and redness.” Our Verdict

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment