276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dolly’s Dream: The compelling and heartwarming new novel for 2023 from the No.1 Sunday Times bestseller: Book 6 (The Rockwood Chronicles)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’m often asked by my readers about my writing day. So, let me tell you… I’m very much a morning person – I start at about 8.30 and go on until lunch time. Sometimes I get so immersed in the story that I forget everything and time passes so swiftly that, when I do stop, I can’t believe two or three hours have passed. I’ve been in another world inhabited by the characters that make up their own story. A dashing man I’ve thought of as the hero suddenly develops unattractive traits and upsets me as well as my heroine. At other times a rough diamond, who seemed destined to end up swinging from the scaffold in Newgate Prison, turns out to be an absolute charmer and I find myself falling in love with him, so the heroine has no chance of escape.

I particularly loved the relationship between Rosalind and the two children that she took in (Nancy and Tommy) — it was such a nice touch to a wholesome holiday story.Overall, I enjoyed the book — definitely worth a read if you're a fan of shows like "Downton Abbey" and you're looking for a fluffy (yet dramatic) holiday romance! Until recently I’ve also been doing the school run for my two granddaughters, but they are now old enough to look after themselves. Millie, the eldest, has just passed her driving test and is thoroughly independent. Talia is doing her GCSEs, and my two grandsons have no need of my driving skills. Suddenly I am redundant – but at least that gives me more time for writing. Byearly afternoon I’ve done all my correspondence, paid some bills, and written a shopping list for groceries. Nothing very romantic about that, but absolutely necessary. After all thatI really have earned a cup of tea and those custard creams in the biscuit tin. Sitting at the computer for hours isn’t good for the figurethough,so Iusually takemy dog, Barley, for a walk instead – although he actually prefers riding in the car! He doesn’t care whether it’s a trip to the vet or to the car park close to the beach, he is a spaniel petrol head. He is also extremely greedy, and has learned how to use his big brown eyes to wheedle an early dinner from my unfailingly generous and extremely patient husband. This is the second book out of a six part series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a huge fan of the author, she never disappoints. It's well written with some great characters who are well rounded and believable. I like Rosalind, she's level headed and knows what she wants. But will she find happiness with Alex? You'll have to read the book to find out.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment