276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Psychopaths in the workplace will lie, steal, cajole and charm to get what they want - they do not tolerate anyone who they realize is onto their lies and manipulation, nor anyone who is competent and a threat to their position. They do not realize that having strong clever people around you boosts you, the boss - they see it as a threat. They are the bosses who surround themselves with sycophantic incompetents because it makes them look good, besides which, you're replaceable.

These traits paint a compelling picture of remorseless, impulsive predators who take what they want and care little for the rules of society. Had a tragic ending, illustrating, I think, the unspoken subtext of the book – if there’s a psychopath in your life, get away as soon as possible. A subtext that is in dramatic tension with the overt “you’re not qualified to judge if someone’s a psychopath.” Ah, modern life. This updated edition is essential reading for anyone working in or with a corporate organization. It offers invaluable insight into how psychopaths think and behave and provides clear guidelines for identifying their destructive tendencies. It also provides guidance on how to stop them from wreaking havoc in the workplace. We have a couple more interviews for you today, said Frank. Just some human resources folks, and a meeting with my boss, our vice president, and then lunch and a tour of the surrounding community.The equation is quite simple: the more members we have, the more reporting and investigations we can do, and the greater the impact on the country. In fact, we are sometimes the only ones attentive to providing for your deepest wants and needs, the only ones so deeply attuned to them for no ulterior motive immediately discernible by you. We observe our target and strive to become a facsimile of whatever or whomever that person wants – a good employee or boss or lover. It’s not always the case that the facsimile is malicious or ill intentioned. And it makes the target feel good for the course of the transaction and usually ends without harm. Once psychopaths have entered an organization, they start assessing the utility of everyone there. This is made easier by the fact that new employees are actually expected to actively seek out and meet everyone in the company in their first months. Psychopaths can thus easily assess the utility of coworkers, bosses and support staff, and then charm the relevant ones. I may edit my review later with my psychopath story because I want to help anyone in that situation. But here are my tips (as well as some of the books.

The cookie is set by Krux Digital under the domain krxd.net. The cookie stores a unique ID to identify a returning user for the purpose of targeted advertising.These individuals may also be irresponsible and exploitative in their sexual relationships. They may have a history of many sexual partners and may never have sustained a monogamous relationship,” she adds.

This is for if you have some big falling out after you deal with these people, but psychopaths target people they found useful, so it's almost a bit of a compliment if they feel so threatened by you that they want to mess up your life. Also, the more people you interact with, the more likely you'll run into a bad egg and that may cause you to be a bad egg for a bit. You are not who you are at your worst, and these experiences are not reflective of who you are. It happens, and as long as you take steps to prevent these things to prevent harm, you are not this experience. Paul Babiak, Ph.D, is an organizational psychologist who specializes in management development. His work has been featured in the New York Times and Harvard Business Review. By publishing your document, the content will be optimally indexed by Google via AI and sorted into the right category for over 500 million ePaper readers on YUMPU.Gamboto-Burke, Antonella (23 September 2006). "News: Snakes In Suits: When Psychopaths Go To Work". The Australian . Retrieved February 27, 2017. The link between potentially psycho- and sociopathic attributes and those behind successful businesses has been a point of debate in articles for decades. Over the past decade, Snakes in Suits has become the definitive book on how to discover and defend yourself against psychopaths in the office. Now, Dr. Paul Babiak and Dr. Robert D. Hare return with a revised and updated edition of their essential guide. Finally, you’ll discover how you can prepare yourself for the unfortunate event of having a psychopath in your life. Because although they’re a rare occurrence, it’s likely you’ll meet one sooner or later, and you don’t want to become their lunch.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment