276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kind Of Blue

£9.99£19.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Gary Burton, of Berklee College of Music, noted the consistent innovation present throughout the album, stating: "It wasn't just one tune that was a breakthrough, it was the whole record. As we set out to make our UHQR series the world's best-sounding vinyl records, we have also used Clarity Vinyl, which is free of any carbon black pigment which might introduce surface noise. I don't spend much time writing reviews, but I was so impress with this record I felt like jotting down a few words. As an aside, the 180g blue vinyl limited promo run that Classic did of KOB sounds distinctly different than the black vinyl releases in 180g and 200g. Kind of Blue is based entirely on modality, diverging from Davis's earlier hard bop style of jazz with its complex chord progression and improvisation.

Miles Davis-Kind Of Blue-UHQR Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds Miles Davis-Kind Of Blue-UHQR Vinyl Record|Acoustic Sounds

As a trumpet player I've always been interested in jazz but when I first picked up this record I was too young to truly appreciate it. The significant 1992 remaster corrected the original recording speed for side one, which had caused all prior releases to be slightly off- pitch. I already have more than a few pressings of Kind of Blue, accumulated since I bought my first copy 57 years ago, so I'm just not sure I need another.It was recorded on March 2 and April 22, 1959, at Columbia's 30th Street Studio in New York City, and released on August 17 of that same year by Columbia Records. UHQR was a JVC product, and they pressed UHQR titles for other companies besides Mobile Fidelity, though not many. Philips Compact Cassette versions of the original album prior to the Jazz Masterpiece remaster, and of the 1987 Jazz Masterpiece remaster. But I believe it's important to point out that when it comes to late 50s jazz records the mono is frequently the way to go because there are a lot of full track recordings out there and they are mighty fine.

Miles Davis – Kind Of Blue (2022, 200 g, Clarity Vinyl, Vinyl

That trio stayed with Davis for the recordings Someday My Prince Will Come [71] and the live sets at the Blackhawk and at Carnegie Hall. So What" or Kind of Blue, they were done in that era, the right hour, the right day, and it happened. The only glaring omission by AP are pics of bassist, Paul Chambers, and drummer, the recently deceased Jimmy Cobb (May 2020), the last remaining member of the 1st great Miles Davis septet (though he sat in only for FF, Wynton Kelly is also missing).I'd appreciate a bit of Velcro or something to keep the inner box from sliding out when I need to move it around. Only complaint is the packaging; the gatefold is beautiful and more than enough, which makes the box unnecessary.

Miles Davis – Kind Of Blue (2022, 200 g, Clarity Vinyl, Vinyl Miles Davis – Kind Of Blue (2022, 200 g, Clarity Vinyl, Vinyl

All my life, when ever anyone would say to me “this setup or this recording sounds like I’m actually in the room” I’ve been like “yeah, sure, uh huh…” I’ve never heard anything that led me to believe that was possible. The 2014 album Blue by Mostly Other People Do the Killing is a note-for-note reproduction of Kind of Blue. Pink Floyd keyboardist Richard Wright said that the chord progressions on the album influenced the structure of the introductory chords to the song " Breathe" on the album The Dark Side of the Moon (1973). However, if you're conservative and start to limit the copies, say 8 mothers per father, 8 stampers per mother, and 800 records per stamper, the yield falls rapidly (51,200). If there was ever an album awaiting a high-fidelity, custom-pressed vinyl treatment of the level you now hold in your hands, it is Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue.The 200-gram records will feature the same flat profile that helped to make the original UHQR so desirable. On March 2, 1959, the tracks " So What", " Freddie Freeloader", and " Blue in Green" were recorded for side one of the original LP, and on April 22 the tracks " All Blues" and "Flamenco Sketches" were recorded, making up side two. Kind of Blue was recorded on three-track tape in two sessions at Columbia Records' 30th Street Studio in New York City. together with Quality Record Pressings, is putting Kind of Blue where it belongs: the Ultra High Quality Record (UHQR) pressed on Clarity Vinyl on a manual Finebilt press with attention paid to every single detail of every single record. Because everyone involved with the album is dead (the last, Jimmy Cobb, died recently) we can't know for sure.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment