276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garro: Knight of Grey (The Horus Heresy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As the epic battle for Terra rages and the future of mankind hangs in the balance, former Knight Errant Nathaniel Garro fights among the ashes and fire of the embattled Imperial Palace as the shadow of Horus Lupercal's triumph looms. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.

I am gonna be honest, I think the publication timing didn’t work, and it really should have come out prior to Warhawk, as it did remove some of the tension knowing what happened in that story. While I have complained in the past about the use of filler material and repetitive themes in the HH / SoT series, I think this book truly serves the classic admonition of "be careful what you ask for, you might get it", as it is terribly bare-bones and short. Indeed, it's easy to see why Garro became such a fan favorite character over the years, and while my time with him as been relatively recent during my last few reads, I have come to like him as well. We follow his final hours alongside Euphrati Keeler, the living saint, another mainstay of the Horus Heresy series.And then, with a final bellow of effort, Garro pulled himself up the blade of the scythe, forcing it through his torso, the razored tip bursting out of his back, all so he could bring himself closer. Since his initial contribution to the Horus Heresy series with "Flight of the Eisenstein" (2007), the author has been the primary contributor to the development of both Mortarion and Nathaniel Garro as fully-fledged, believable, and realistic characters.

I think all the characters are done justice and show the great weight the war is putting on everyone. Garro serves as a counter point to the journey of the death guard, an example of what they could have been. Although brevity is a virtue rarely seen in the Horus Heresy series, I do feel that actually, this is one of the few stories that could have benefitted from being a little longer.James Swallow doesn't disappoint, although there are considerable issues that shouldn't have been overlooked. voto 7, un capitolo non essenziale della saga ma per collezionismo e affetto per il personaggio non si poteva non prendere. As he struggles to protect Euphrati Keeler, the first Saint of the Imperial Church, from the horrors of this titanic war, Garro must face his greatest enemy – his father, Mortarion, his former master and the monstrous liege-lord of the traitorous Death Guard – in a final, shattering confrontation.

It is clear how much James cares about the character and wants to give him both a grand ending while staying true to Garro's modest and stoic personality, which he achieves magnificently. I might even go so far as to say this one might have become one of my favorite tales from the Horus Heresy saga. Lots of added character, development, and insight to what makes him tick and his relation to his legion and Primarch.This epic tale will be coming to you in special edition, hardback, eBook, and audiobook formats – and here’s what you can expect. I also would have loved for this to have been an audio drama, but in the afterword, James does explain why it didn’t happen that way.

or so books into the Horus Heresy/Siege of Terra novel series and with the end firmly in sight each novel is forced to spin what feels like at least a dozen plates as it progresses or concludes a raft of tenuously linked storylines. What can I say about a man in the 30th Millennium, far in the future who we have followed through fire and death, rebirth and something more, apart from this: his story will be remembered.I may re-read actually because I can't remember an awful lot but the main occurrences, however it was so short and so little happened compared to the other novels. The world-shattering Siege of Terra is drawing to a climax – the penultimate novel Echoes of Eternity gets closer by the day – but there are still a dozen stories to tell about this legendary conflict. It seems there was a lack of coordination between James Swallow and Chris Wraight when writing their fights with Mortarion.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment