276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was an extraordinary read for me! I have been involved in Buddhist practice and meditation for some years now, and there has been a major internal shift in the way I experience myself and the world. That shift has been hard won through the working through of some major personal issues relating to an abusive childhood, substance addiction and combat related ptsd; a kind of triple whammie. As part of my own recovery process I have mixed my reading of Buddhist psychology with more standard views, and of course over time I have heard of the chakrs system though I had never expolred it as a reference point before. Over the last year my journey has taken its own turn into a realm that is far removed from the intellectual emphasis that so typified much of my life. I have been exploring dreams and dreaming and the level of consciousness to which that leads that is not of mind but more pointedly for me derived from some other place. urn:lcp:easternbodyweste00judi_0:epub:da467af6-79ef-4d48-bd93-a57f837d80c5 Extramarc University of Alberta Libraries Foldoutcount 0 Identifier easternbodyweste00judi_0 Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t3421073h Invoice 1213 Isbn 1587612259

Rather than presenting an esoteric borrowing from Indian culture, Judith employs the metaphoric language of the chakra system within the context of modern psychology. Her clear organization and numerous charts make browsing for subjects of personal relevance a breeze, and her comparison of the various maps of psychological development (Freudian, Piagetian, Eriksonian, Reichian, and others) is intriguing. The book provides a useful tool for contemplating our strengths, weaknesses, and appropriate approaches to growth." We dont encounter archetypes, only their symbols. Archetypes resonate within a larger metastructure A useful tool for contemplating our strengths, weaknesses, and appropriate approaches to growth.”— Yoga Journal Judith also says how we are taught desire is bad but desire is needed so that we have fuel to do stuff, including transcendental stuff. I remember reading the same sentiment from Swami Satchidananda's Commentaries on Patanjali's Yoga Sutras about how desire is not bad because without desire we would not have any will to do anything. Whether or not this is a common enough argument, it just seemed that Judith was generalizing, making "spiritual teachers" and "eastern teachings" a monolith when it's not. Published in 2015, number six of our list is one of the best kept secrets of chakra books. It doesn’t have thousands of sales, but what it does have is that ‘it’ factor.

Invalid Record

we weten het zelf het beste ipv nederigheid en openstellen voor iets nieuws. Gehechtheid is verslaving. Loslaten gehechtheid is niet meer fixeren op onderwerp van gehechtheid maar je richten op het Zelf en je behoeftes, baten en kosten van de gehechtheid.

Eerste van de abstracte chakra's, de symbolische wereld van de geest, weg van de materie. Creatief in de zin van progressieve geest, nieuwe manieren om het leven te benaderen: kleden, praten, werken. Gehechtheid is demon van chakra zeven. Sommigen laten los als vlucht voor verantwoordelijkheid. Daardoor ervaar je wel vrijheid maar offer je groei op. Gehechtheid loslaten gaat om richten van psychische energie: loslaten fixaties, behoefte aan beheersing, verlangen naar een bepaalde afloop. Gehechtheid = vasthouden aan ons lijden ipv de in ons lijden zittende les in te zien;This book is a slow read and one that is fabulous. A great look at the chakra system, as well as how western psychology slots right into what has been known and believed and practiced and followed for a long, long time. All life is rhythmic. From the rise and fall of the sun to the rise and fall of our breath, from the beating of our heart to the infinite vibrations of atomic particles within our cells, we are a mass of vibrations that miraculously resonate together as a single system. In fact, our ability to function as a unified whole depends upon the coherent resonance of the many subtle vibrations within us. The task of the fifth chakra is to enhance this resonance.” Macht in chakrasysteem gebaseerd op vereniging en synergie, niet op scheiding en strijd. Macht ontstaat niet door voorzichtig te blijven; wanneer we voor uitdagingen komen te staan, worden we sterker omdat we wel gedwongen worden te groeien. Natuurlijke uitdrukking van energie is activiteit. Visioen transformeert constant, stroomt en leeft. Visioen ontwikkelt zich vaak na een (midlife) crisis: het licht van de dageraad wordt voorafgegaan door duisternis: 'het is altijd het donkerst vlak voor het ochtendgloren.' Book Genre: Health, New Age, Nonfiction, Personal Development, Philosophy, Psychology, Reference, Religion, Self Help, Spirituality

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment