276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dalefoot Compost DAL01 Wool Compost, 10.0 cm*65.0 cm*45.0 cm

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No need to feed – due to all the wonderful ingredients of the compost we mentioned above, you don’t need to add any extra feed to this compost or any water-retaining gels either. The wool is also full of slow-releasing nitrogen which, as we already know, is really important for strong plant growth. Contains added comfrey (Bocking 14 strain), an organic source of nutrients with high levels of potassium, phosphorous nitrogen for healthy plant growth, larger flowers and bigger crops.

This excellent wool and bracken compost, fresh from the hills of the Lake District National Park, offer a superb alternative fertiliser and growing medium for all gardeners. As we mentioned above, peat takes many years to form which means that the loss of peat through harvesting for horticulture and agriculture is irreversible over human timescales.Provides important habitats – peat bogs provide unique, natural habitats for many scare species as well as a wide range of nationally and internationally important flora and fauna. I can safely say that the seed compost has worked for me - I have good healthy baby plants, which I most certainly did not have with the previous organic compost. The gathering of flocks has become very difficult through waist high bracken stands and this very aggressive plant competes with other native vegetation to the extent that other plants fail and available grazing is reduced.

Dalefoot Wool Compost Double Strength 50ltr Bag offers a rich peat-free compost plus soil conditioner produced from bracken and sheep's wool. Over the last century, the International Union for Conservation of Nature estimates 80% of the UK’s peatlands are in a damaged and deteriorating condition having been modified as a result of present and past land management activities, including extraction for horticulture and draining for agricultural improvement. It is a fantastic fertiliser and is a healing herb so offers seedlings a fantastic rehabilitative nutrient boost.

They support species such as carnivorous sundew plants and uncommon insects like large heath butterflies, four-spotted chaser dragonflies and picture-winged bog craneflies.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment