276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Book Boyfriend (Book Boyfriends 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

PK writes a book about their story, because for him it’s simply so much easier than speaking his feelings out loud. Which is pretty problematic and should probably be worked on, yes. Suddenly, she’s everywhere I turn. Even her scent is branded into my sheets. And thanks to our unofficial romance book club, I’ve also amassed an encyclopedia titledEverly’s Pleasure Buttons. Here at She Reads Romance Books, it’s my goal to help romance book lovers find the best romance books worth reading as well as the best book boyfriends to fall for.

Doomed from the start and knowing the havoc our relationship would inevitably wreak on our families, I could never have prepared for the toll it would take or the cost of the truth. The romance is the slowest of slow burns you will ever read in your life. The book takes place over several month of them living together, but their relationship isn’t really developing at all. Hudson leaned down and cupped her cheek with his large, warm palm. Callie's nerves sparked to life. She'd never felt such a connection before." By the end of this scene, Preston really has no other option than to cry and then agree with everything Wade's told him, or else be the villain. Which is... sort of the narrative of that same Social Justice Warrior Tweeting above, and not something generally viewed as recreationally enjoyable. He is so uncomfortable with his own feelings and always afraid to do the wrong thing, when actually talking would be the perfect thing to do.I absolutely HATE public declarations of love. If someone did that to me I’d probably turn around and leave. And as for the romance… omg, PK is so damn confused on what is the right thing to do and how to make his best friend Art see his feelings for him. It was adorable. But I also was suffering a great deal with PK *lol Oh, to be able to hear him sing or to even have him dedicate an encore song to me- it would be epic! Agh, loved it! Perfectly, perfectly itself. So funny, so moving, not a word wasted and every single character is so precise. (PK’s right btw, his parents are aspirational.) And the book is structured so well… Prince Maxon from THE SELECTION TRILOGY by @keiracass (Did I just read PRINCE? Oh I need to read this series!)

Izpildījums gan bija diezgan pavājš. Iesākās vēl cerīgi, bet pēc tam bija ntās nodaļas, kur principā nekas svarīgs nenotika. Bija kaut kādi notikumi, bet nekas ļoti interesants vai ļoti svarīgs. Radās iespaids, ka tie sarakstīti lapu aizpildīšanai. Plus simpātijas bija principā, uzreiz. To ideju varēja izvērst daudz labāk.

Everly Bowman and I don’t make sense. She’s sunshine personified, and I hate everyone. Well, everyone but her. It's supposed to be best friends to lovers, but there were large chunks of the book where I was convinced that while Art was PK's best friend, PK was not Art's. (It didn't help that you have Art telling PK in Chapter 1 that he came to PK's after his breakup because "You're the only person I know in the city who has a spare bedroom." And apparently they've barely even seen each other for over a year because Art was living with a boyfriend who didn't like PK. What kind of friendship is that supposed to be??) At one point, I genuinely thought PK's delusions about his and Art's friendship were going to be part of the storyline. Art, whose heart was not only on his--and then their, as their pronouns change halfway through the story--sleeve, but also manages to speak aloud the words that they are feeling. And while I think it would be easy to perceive the ending of this book to be anticlimactic, I think it was actually perfect. Because real communication, talking like actual adults, is IRL far and away more romantic than some empty gesture.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment