276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pearce Duff's Strawberry Blancmange 35g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Faced with higher costs for glasshouse crops, some retailers chose to rely more heavily this year on sourcing from Spain and north Africa, leaving them more vulnerable to the weather-triggered shortages. Are things worse in the UK than the rest of Europe? It doesn't take much to persuade regular customers with a car to switch their custom - and I have done just that. Asda's loss, Tesco's gain - and I won't shop at Lidl or Aldi because their ranges are too limited. Supermarkets need to stay on their toes simply because I and many others can and do. But I have no problem with buying own brand stuff if we like it as much as the branded stuff.

I can only imagine this has had a significant negative effect on the sainsburys store (if repeated uk wide, explains the forthcoming 2000 job losses).But, there is always a flip side to a story. There is a significant % of the population here which don't drive for various reasons. These people are effectively a captive market for the local supermarket.

Do you have a Power of Attorney? MoneySavingExpert.com founder Martin Lewis explains how this crucial protection works, why it's more important than a will, and how to get one in the latest episode of ITV's The Martin Lewis Money Show Live. Batters has warned there might be further rationing of salad items to come, especially if growers’ energy bills remain high.

Yet, even as wholesale prices for salad crops surge, growers will not necessarily be able to earn more for their produce, as they are often tied into contracts with retailers and suppliers. It seems so. There are no reports of shortages in France and Germany and European shoppers have shared photos on social media of full supermarket shelves, in stark contrast to British supermarkets.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment