276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Campfire Audio Andromeda Reference In-Ear Headphones Green

£24.995£49.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As to details, textures, musicality and overall balance, the Andromeda 2020 seem to be the proverbial IEMs and genuinely strike a stunning balance. Their soundstage is also worth noting given that it manages to be above average without becoming artificial, both in terms of depth and heights. Driver(s) 2 BA for high frequencies, 1 BA for mid frequencies, 2 BA for low frequencies [BA manufacturer undisclosed] Is it their flagship? Maybe it is this year, who can tell. I am certain though is that Andromeda is the clearest sign yet of the maturity of the team in CA and the current confidence that their IEM range is doing the business. Tech Highlights Driver Configuration

Sound — The Campfire Andromeda 2020 areparticularly receptive to output types and impedances though not to the extend of the Ara. Accordingly, the recommendation here would be to match them with a source having an output impedance under 2 ohms. To complete the experience, the new Andromeda and Solaris models are both shipped in a completely unique presentation box, created individually by the Campfire Audio team in their Portland Oregon workshop. This is something that needs to be seen to be fully appreciated. Campfire Audio again show that they are not afraid to push boundaries, pouring their love and passion for audio and creativity into a brand-new audio experience. Uniquely transporting you to musical bliss in a way that no other earphone can. Hold tight, you're in for a wild ride. CA has drawn from the previous releases so for the Andromeda it is very much a case of “if it is not broken do not fix it” design-wise. There are a few minor tweaks though even though both Jupiter and Andromeda share almost the same form factor. Andromeda 2020 is an exciting new chapter for one of our most beloved earphones. Updating an earphone as a beloved as Andromeda is not a task we take lightly. But give it a listen, and you’ll be glad we did.

Synergy

Both IEMs have comfortable and aesthetically impressive shells. The Andromeda’s now famous Zirconium blasted aluminum emerald green casings have been reduced in size with the release of the 2020 model. They create a great seal and, despite their edgy shape, don’t feel cumbersome even after hours of wear. Sennheiser employs silver anodized aluminum shells, similar in size to the Andromeda, but with a rounded finish. Both models have one-piece casing designs.

The Aurum is not far off, don’t get me wrong. On the other hand, Craft Ears IEM has a fantasthicc bass, making it much better suited for heavier, more low-heave genres. While it cannot match the texture ability of Andromedas, it is still a highly capable, fun product. And you can get it in CIEM, which is great. Details Detail retrieval from highmids and trebles is frankly as good as it can possibly get without scanting into excessive thinness and the directly consequent metallic coloration. In conjunction to what’s mentioned above about bass and mids, a slight bit more relaxed transients over there would grant better detailing on those segments too. Lana del rey - Chemtrails over the country club - lana seems a good match for these, smooth, low end, even vocals, melodic. Soars.It has been a couple of cycles since the Solaris showed its mettle, and with the Ara being the new kid expectations were held high. One could think that all three are close enough in price to “settle” for one and be happy. You could, but you would be missing the finer points of each. The Solaris takes its rightful place at the top. The Ara provides that tie between the Solaris and Andromeda with the two “extra” BA’s on hand. And I can clearly see why it is the favorite of the holder who shall not be named. Had I heard only the Ara, I might well have been satiated and that would be all right. But then I would not have had the opportunity to hear the grandfather of the bunch after a muscle toning session. And to me that is The unboxing experience of the Holocene is like any other campfire audio, a ton of paper and origami but tbh it's like opening a box of a present. If you want to be made to feel special and discerning, savour the moment you unbox your Campfire Audio Andromeda Emerald Sea for the first time. Wear your earbuds and the ‘CA’ lapel pin with pride. And don’t be in any doubt: in many ways these are some of the most capable, most forthright and most revealing IEMs around. But unless you’re fine with splashy, crashy, crispy treble reproduction, better-balanced (and more affordable) alternatives exist. None of them can hold a candle to the Andromeda Emerald Sea when it comes to the overall experience, mind you. What are my alternatives?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment