276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Good Me Bad Me

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s an uncomfortable thought, I know, that a woman – the giver of life, the nurturer – could cause grievous harm against children, but in my experience as a nurse I witnessed not necessarily physical, but certainly psychological violence existing between mothers and daughters. The associations between buttons and categories (Good/Bad, Self/Other, Important/Un-important) were counterbalanced across participants (see below).

Good Me Bad Me: A Novel - Ali Land - Google Books Good Me Bad Me: A Novel - Ali Land - Google Books

Planned exploratory contrasts, after collapsing data from the different tasks, revealed more accurate responses for the good-self than the bad-self (mean ± std: 0. A gripping, psychological rollercoaster, Good Me Bad Me is an unputdownable read that will leave readers wondering just how much control they have over their own fate. The three-way rmANOVA on accuracy showed mixed evidence for the main effect of Self-relevance, and no evidence for the main effect of Valence. All deviations from the original plan are reported (see the Deviations from pre-registration in the Supplementary Materials). To optimize social-cognitive functioning, people need to prioritize processing so that stimuli relevant to their goals are selected for action.

There’s a home library, rows of built‑in shelves full of books, the remaining walls painted a mauve colour. A sample size of 32 participants was determined to be sufficient to have a similar effect size (Cohen’s d = 0.

Good Me Bad Me - Macmillan

It takes subtlety and perfect balance to maintain a dark tale like this, and Land never once stutters or makes you look away.For Lindsay and Brenda they were unable to feel any creepiness or dread as they were so overwhelmed by the mean girls and everything this story touched on which was pretty much everything but the kitchen sink. The results of the present study extend previous work on self-prioritization in a number of interesting ways. You can read Richard and Judy’s full reviews below, as well as an exclusive interview with author Ali Land and book club questions to discuss with your reading group afterwards. Original, intense, and utterly compelling, Good Me Bad Me is not just a terrific thriller but a psychological dive into a young girl's soul.

Good Me, Bad Me Summary | SuperSummary

Qiyang Nie for their help on the DDM analysis, and Mengdi Song and Yuqing Cai for data-collection assistance. When comparing the difference of a parameter under two conditions or comparing a parameter with one fixed value, we reported the proportion of the posterior distribution that was greater or less than the other posterior or the fixed value. As Milly awaits her mother’s trial, where she is set to testify in person, despite her age, she sits through therapy sessions with Mike, befriends another girl, a fellow outcast named Morgan, and endured horrific bullying from Phoebe and her minions, all the while struggling with the side of her that favors her mother’s tendencies. Ali Land’s psychological thriller, Good Me, Bad Me (2017), follows a young girl who finds out that her mother is probably a serial killer and that she must testify against her mother at trial.He’s the only person who understands her, and all Hanna wants is to live happily ever after with him. Thank you, Michael Joseph Ltd and Ali Land for providing an advanced copy of this book for me to read in exchange for my honest review. She worked as a child and adolescent mental health nurse in the UK and Australia for more than 10 years. Following the learning phase, participants immediately carried out the shape-label matching task to judge whether a shape-label pair, which was presented for 100 ms in the centre of the screen, matched or mismatched the previously learned associations (see Figure 1B). We therefore collapsed the data across Task Type and compared the pairs of conditions of interest given the purpose of the current study.

Good Me Bad Me: Does Valence Influence Self (PDF) Good Me Bad Me: Does Valence Influence Self

I waited for you to sweep me up, rub our noses together in an Eskimo kiss and reply, you came for me, you belong with me, I love you. This leads to rigidity and arrested development, to a partitioning off and inability to access the adaptive behavioral options (Not Me) in the upper right quadrant of the IC. They represent the subjectively felt sense of self we form based on what is reflected to us in the responses of others. The IC portrays his default interpersonal tendencies on two axes that represent basic needs: 1) control, on the vertical axis, is labelled Dominant at the 12 o’clock position and Submissive at the 6 o’clock position; and 2) affiliation, on the horizontal axis, is labelled Hostile at the 9 o’clock and Friendly at the 3 o’clock position.It’s a thriller set on a scarcely inhabited Scottish island where young twins – who have grown up in complete isolation – become fascinated by a group of newcomers on a training expedition. Drift rate ( v) estimates the rate of information acquisition, which is an index of task difficulty or stimulus quality.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment