276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glenmorangie A Midwinter Night's Dram Single Malt Whisky

£28.125£56.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In recent years, High West has transitioned Rendezvous to a blend of MGP (95 percent rye, 5 percent malted barley) and in-house distillate (80 percent rye, 20 percent malted rye). A Midwinters Night Dram bottle from the High West Distillery is a limited edition release of their coupled Rye finished in port and French oak barrels. Palate: The warming mouthfeel of my first sip fits like a glove as I alternate between the glass below and this one.

We may sell, license, transfer, assign or in any other way dispose of the Service (including Members) to any third party without any notification to you, e. Gather 'mongst thy family and friends, and raise thy glass to winters that are "Swift as a shadow, short as any dream; Brief as the lightning in the collied night.Here it presents juicy and thick, as if it has been stewed for some time alongside brown sugar, cinnamon and orange juice. Midwinter Night's Dram tastes like a proper Christmas plum pudding with lovely mulling spices, dried fruits, and crème anglaise.

Nose: Brandied cherries, fig jam, sun-dried raisins, dried orange peel, baking spice, French oak toast.Like the works of our favorite playwright, William Shakespeare, a glass of A Midwinter Night's Dram® is made to be savored, and over all too quickly. Your continued use of the Service after any such changes or updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes or updates. More of the dry spices keep pulling the sweet factors back down, burying them in waves of clove, black pepper and a medley of dried fruits. So here I am - on a bone-chilling cold midwinter night - settled in with two glasses for a double-header review of two pours which are supposed to be the same! As a Christmas gift of whisky to a loved one I think this works reasonably well, it’s a variation on the Glenmorangie theme, and people wanting to try something a little different to their usual 10 year old may appreciate the change.

We like to think of our whiskey and spirit section as more of a library where the rarest of bottles can be found. d) the right to license, use, sell, archive, reproduce, distribute, modify, perform, publish, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use of the Service. In it's earliest days there were likely teenage whiskeys going in, but as the barrel brokerage market has begun to teem with competition, the average age has crept lower and lower with every new year. I've picked a Starlight barrel that easily gives these a run for their money , there are fancy Angel's Envy releases that use this strategy , and the whiskey world is going crazy for some of Rare Character's single barrel releases like this too. On the nose: The initial impression is of caramelized brown sugar meeting a gentle note of dill, the latter being a telltale sign of MGP whiskey.High West Distillery is a manufacturer of distilled spirits located in Park City, Utah, United States. The citrus characteristics of the rye rise up in a tingling wave of lemon squeezed into a glass of tea in preparation for a classic hot toddy. I do miss just a little of complexity from the rye at this point, and it’s impossible not to think back to some of the first Midwinter releases where the old Rendezvous Rye blend carried its weight with strength throughout the entire pour. You acknowledge, understand and agree that we are not obligated to review, check or monitor any Contributions, but we may do so.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment