276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Helbrecht: Knight of the Throne (Warhammer 40,000) [Hardcover] Collins, Marc [Hardcover] Collins, Marc

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Well, some family members went on a road trip in Europe and when they came back they brought the big C with them. These are all fairly short novels, released exclusively as snazzy little hardbacks, that highlight significant figures from the setting. The story we get is a relatively straightforward quest narrative, with Helbrecht striving to retrieve a relic of Dorn, the Primarch founder of his genetic line. These Character books are a great way to sample a new faction, to get a feel for an author’s style, and to poke at a new corner of the universe. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

Had to do a couple of minor surgeries and then I hit the ground running in a tough summer college course.That sets it firmly in the current timeline of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, meaning this is more of an exploration of character rather than an origin story.

Delve in to this great character focused novel, featuring the Chapter Master of the Black Templars Space Marines, High Marshall Helbrecht. High Marshal Helbrecht is back in the action after his meeting with Roboute Guilliman, doing what he does best – questing for a sacred relic with a handful of his best troops. I always have a hard time with authors I perceive as "new" since Warhammer 40k is so close to my heart. There is a broader question regarding the legitimacy of Guilliman’s position, but that is not the focus of this particular book.

Helbrecht is essentially a warrior angel, with absolute conviction that he is doing what the God-Emperor commands of him. Nevertheless, these moments of deeper philosophy raise this novel above the field of gore and action that characterised earlier Space Marine products. Yes, we can seed this questions in the reader’s mind, but the focus here is killing heretics and saving history. And really, despite my want of something more, you can’t fault the book for taking the route it does. It’s well-written, but bolters and chainswords and giant men being extremely violent just isn’t what I read Black Library novels for.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment