276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO NOVEL (My Neighbor Totoro: The Novel)

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My Neighbor Totoro was ranked third on the list of "Greatest Japanese Animated Films of All Time" by film magazine Kinema Junpo in 2009, 41st in Empire magazine's "The 100 Best Films of World Cinema" in 2010, second on a similar Empire list of best children's films, and number one in the greatest animated films in Time Out; a similar list by the editors ranked the film in third place. Set in a period that is both modern and nostalgic, the film creates a fantastic, yet strangely believable universe of supernatural creatures coexisting with modernity. At first I sas afraid that this book might be too much of a childrens book but I got so emerged in it even at 20 years of age myself. My favourite line totally deserves a mention: 'The rice plants were so green it almost made you want to sneeze.

A few days after planting the seeds, the girls awaken at midnight to find Totoro and his fellow spirits engaged in a ceremonial dance around the planted seeds. Miyazaki said the film's opening sequence was not storyboarded; "The sequence was determined through permutations and combinations determined by the time sheets. Thirty years after its original release in Japan, My Neighbor Totoro received a Chinese theatrical release in December 2018. The finished film was described by Studio Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki; "It was nature painted with translucent colors".Dan saya msh blm bisa menginterpretasikan dg tepat, apakah Totoro dll menyimbolkan harapan, ketakutan, atau apa. Totoro has only a leaf on his head for protection against the rain, prompting Satsuki to offer her umbrella to him. Steve Rose from The Guardian gave the film five stars, praising Miyazaki's "rich, bright, hand-drawn" animation and describing it as "full of benign spirituality, prelapsarian innocence and joyous discovery, all rooted in a carefully detailed reality". I still felt that way when I started reading, both because I love the My Neighbour Totoro movie, but also because the book itself is really beautiful and kinda magical with pictures in it and on the cover. Soon, Satsuki and Mei discover Totoro, a magical forest spirit who takes them on fantastic adventures through the trees and the clouds--and teaches them a lesson about trusting one another.

Kesan saya malah tercurah lebih besar pada kesedihan dan perjuangan keluarga Kusakabe tanpa sang ibu yg sudah dirawat di RS selama setahun. I have watched the film version of "My Neighbor Totoro" many times, and it is certainly a firm favourite of mine, although, I must admit, this time the film wins over the book. Buena Vista Home Entertainment Japan (now Walt Disney Japan) reissued the VHS on June 27, 1997, as part of their series Ghibli ga Ippai. The Financial Times recognized the character's appeal, commenting Totoro "is more genuinely loved than Mickey Mouse could hope to be in his wildest—not nearly so beautifully illustrated—fantasies".If you have kids or like kids then this would be a good story to read them, but as I say pretty much the film. I D S Oliveira; S Schaffer; P V Kvartalnov; E A Galoyan; I V Palko; A Weck-Heimann; P Geissler; H Ruhberg (2013). Only one young girl, rather than two sisters, is depicted in several of Miyazaki's initial conceptual watercolor paintings, as well as on the theatrical release poster and on later home-video releases. A great part of this sense comes from Oga's evocative backgrounds, which give each tree, hedge and twist in the road an indefinable feeling of warmth that seems ready to spring into sentient life.

Oga's work on My Neighbor Totoro led to his continued involvement with Studio Ghibli, which assigned him jobs that would play to his strengths, and Oga's style became a trademark style of Studio Ghibli. Writing in Joe Hisaishi's Soundtrack for My Neighbor Totoro, Kunio Hara praised the soundtrack, describing the song "My Neighbor Totoro" as a "sonic icon" of the film. My Neighbor Totoro ( Japanese: となりのトトロ, Hepburn: Tonari no Totoro) is a 1988 Japanese animated fantasy film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki and animated by Studio Ghibli for Tokuma Shoten. While their father is working, the girls explore their sprawling old house and the forest and fields that surround it.

Eleven-year-old Satsuki and her sassy little sister Mei have moved to the country to be closer to their ailing mother. Oga's conscientious approach to My Neighbor Totoro was a style the International Herald Tribune recognized as "[updating] the traditional Japanese animist sense of a natural world that is fully, spiritually alive". It's the story of Two girls who (with their father) move house and meet a forest spirit and his friends who help them in their time of need. Mei and the Kittenbus ( めいとこねこバス, Mei to Konekobasu) is a thirteen-minute sequel to My Neighbor Totoro that was written and directed by Miyazaki. This prestige, hardcover edition features original illustrations by Miyazaki himself, accompanying a story written by veteran children's book author Tsugiko Kubo.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment