276°
Posted 20 hours ago

He Came to Set the Captives Free

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In His first recorded sermon, Jesus gives some detail to the nature of His mission. He tells us why He came to earth. This sermon was delivered in the synagogue of Nazareth. Jesus stood to read in the synagogue, and read from Isaiah 61:1-2. It was from the Septuagint version, which was commonly read in the synagogues. Luke 4:16-21 records the scene for us.

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on me; because the LORD has anointed me to preach good tidings to the meek; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on Me, because the LORD has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and freedom to the prisoners, The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me; He has sent me to bring good news to the afflicted, to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, release to the prisoners,

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and freedom to the prisoners; Peter quotes this Psalm in his preaching on the day of Pentecost: "You will not leave my soul in Hades, nor will you allow your Holy One to see corruption" (Acts 2:27). You will notice the word “Hades” in place of the word “Sheol”. This occurs because the quote in Acts is in Greek rather than the original Hebrew. “Hades” is the Greek equivalent of “Sheol”. Now if Christ were in Hell, the word would be “Gehenna” not “Hades”. It may be that Lev. 25:8-13 provides the Old Testament precedent for what Jesus would do. In Old Testament times, every fiftieth year was a year of jubilee. A trumpet was blown. Throughout the whole land, the liberty of Hebrew slaves, the canceling of debts, and the restoration of possession to their original owners was proclaimed. No doubt this was a favorable year of the Lord.During His ministry on earth, Christ encountered Satan many times. This aspect of His deliverance was instituted right away. He delivered people spiritually from all forms of Satan’s oppression.

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives, And freedom to prisoners; In the synagogue there was a man possessed by the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice, You have the invitation to come and enjoy the benefits of the anointing of Jesus. Thus He has given us an open cheque : The Spirit of the LORD is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and an opening of the eyes to the blind;What is your condition today? Are you living in poverty? Then Jesus speaks directly and simply to you. He wants you to believe and enjoy the benefits of salvation. Are you wealthy? Jesus loves you as well. Being His disciple is demanding. Your allegiance to Him must be stronger than to your possessions. But the spiritual benefits are abundant. II. Proclaim Release to the Captives Today, Christ is present to heal. The recovery of sight simply meant that the person who was blind could now see. While we seldom see people healed of physical blindness now, it does happen. Moreover, we know that in the long run, all physically blind people will see! Moreover, tens of thousands of people who have been spiritually blind are being set free. Jesus opens their eyes. Nevertheless, we believe that God does love to bless His people economically. People who believe in Christ and follow His teachings often experience an increase in their economic well being. When we live for Christ, we simply do better in life. We have seen how poor people who find Christ begin to live better and to stabilize their economic lives. Ultimately, we know that we will be joint heirs with Christ. We will inherit the earth.

The blind receive sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor.Let us alone! What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are — the Holy One of God!” The Spirit of the Almighty LORD is with me because the LORD has anointed me to deliver good news to humble people. He has sent me to heal those who are brokenhearted, to announce that captives will be set free and prisoners will be released. Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. each one of us was given grace according to the measure of the gift ofChrist. 8Therefore God says, ‘When he ascended on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men.’ 9But this, ‘He ascended’ —didn't he also first descend into the lower parts of the earth? 10He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things” (Ephesians 4:7-10 quoting Psalm 68:18). Strong's 7307: Wind, breath, exhalation, life, anger, unsubstantiality, a region of the sky, spirit

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment