276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Secrets She Keeps

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Meg spoke to Agatha one day at the grocery and now Agatha just knows that they are besties. She knows all about Meg, her friends, what her house looks like. All the stuff that best girlfriends do. Two-times Gold Dagger winner (2015 and 2020), twice Edgar best novel finalist (2016 and 2020) and winner of the Ian Fleming Steel Dagger (2021), Michael Robotham was born in Australia in November 1960 and grew up in small country towns that had more dogs than people and more flies than dogs. He escaped became a cadet journalist on an afternoon newspaper in Sydney. On the other hand, Agatha works in the local supermarket, doesn't really seem to have any friends to speak of, her baby daddy is in the Navy (and currently doesn't know she's pregnant) and is estranged from her family. Doesn't she just sound like a barrel of laughs?!

I loved Maddie and Connor. They’re both dealing with some things and I love how strong they stayed. She’s tenacious and he’s charming and together they have banter and loads of chemistry. I loved seeing Ben and Sylvia again and the other people who love on the island. The compelling new psychological thriller that will break your heart into tiny pieces, from world-renowned author MICHAEL ROBOTHAM. Thank you so much to NetGalley, Little, Brown Book Group/Sphere and Michael Robotham for the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review! Agatha is a pregnant grocery store clerk. Through the store windows, she spies upon Meghan, a mommy blogger with a seemingly perfect life, who is pregnant with her third child. One day they meet at a yoga class. Their due dates are just a few days apart and both are expecting little boys. Meg invites Agatha to coffee, then over to her house so she can give her some baby clothes. They enjoy each other’s company and exchange phone numbers. Meet Agatha: Mid-thirties, wants to settle down, and more than anything in the entire world.. wants.. no.. needs.. a baby.

Two pregnant women, Meg and Agatha, are harboring deep secrets. On the outside, Meg seems to be living the perfect life: handsome husband, two beautiful children, and a lovely house in a posh neighborhood. But what goes on behind closed doors is far from perfect. On the other hand, struggling Agatha is on the outside looking in. Desperate for love, she would do anything to have a family like Meg’s. How did you feel about following two points of view throughout the novel? How does Michael Robotham establish distinct voices for Agatha and Meghan? If not from the very beginning, at what point did they become fully realized characters for you?

Robotham doesn't just make me scared for his characters, he makes my heart ache for them' Linwood BarclayLies,lies,lies....they have such a way of weaving an intricate web of deceit! The truth is so much easier to remember, but too late for that. Ben had trouble feeding from a bottle and became ill with a fever and suspected meningitis. Agatha refused to seek medical attention for him, fearing that his true identity would be discovered if she took him to hospital. Eventually, her boyfriend Hayden and his mother forced her to take ‘Rory’ to the surgery, but when the doctor insisted on admitting him to hospital, Agatha ran away with him, throwing away her mobile phone so that she couldn’t be traced.

Meghan has two children, a handsome husband, a happy marriage, a stylish group of friends, and writes on her popular parenting blog, posts that Agatha reads with devotion each night as she waits for her absent boyfriend, the father of her baby, to maybe return her calls. Meghan is a customer at the shop Agatha works at and when Meghan comes to the shop, Agatha makes the effort to speak to her, thrilled that they now have the ordeal of childbearing in common. Little does Meghan know that the mundane exchange she has with a grocery store employee during a hurried afternoon shopping trip is about to change the course of her life forever. She had lied about her pregnancy, and had manipulated Meghan into forming a friendship so she could get closer to her and her own baby. Finished in 1 day! Absolutely loved it!! Brilliant! One of the best psychological thrillers I have read this year! Heading straight onto my favorites shelf. Can't recommend it enough! A scarring trauma in Agatha's past is revealed. Meghan heads to the hospital to have her baby, unaware that she might be in danger. What he means is that she's not pregnant or afraid of heights, and that she'll let him 'park his bike' without going all feminist on his arse. I should sue him for sexual harassment, but I like this job. It gives me an excuse to be in Barnes and nearer to Meg.An] emotionally charged domestic thriller...Robotham's narrative is intimate and insightful. Brilliantly rendered characters, relentless tension, and numerous plot twists make this a winner." - Publishers Weekly Maggie isn't sure about Connor but there is something that draws her to him and their “meet-cute” ends up having her bake him a pie in apology. Connor Rye seeks solace on remote Whita

They have two small children, Lucy and Lachlan. Meghan is pregnant -again- with their 'oops' pregnancy. In the United Kingdom, the series is broadcast through the BBC. The first season was allocated a primetime slot on BBC One in July 2020, and all episodes were concurrently available on BBC iPlayer. [18] Knox, David (21 May 2020). "Wednesday 20 May 2020". TV Tonight. TV Tonight . Retrieved 21 May 2020. There are many *secrets* in "The Secrets She Keeps".....and many lies. There is also much 'depth' into the psyche of people. One last thing I thought about: if a person is able to lie easily - accept their own unhealthy behavior--just by reinforcement alone it seems to me that the person would be perpetuating their own suffering. So....Meg appears to have the perfect life - she's a mummy blogger, with 2 beautiful children and another on the way, a successful 'mummy blog' and a handsome husband with a high profile TV job. Don't you just sort of hate her already? Delving into Agatha’s past, it was revealed that she was linked to multiple baby abductions in the past and had lost a daughter. Having acquired a gun and seen her crimes being reported on the news, Agatha went into flight or fight mode and a plan was laid out involving a Meghan-double to try and rescue Ben before it was too late. This reading group guide for The Secrets She Keeps includes an introduction, discussion questions, and ideas for enhancing your book club. The suggested questions are intended to help your reading group find new and interesting angles and topics for your discussion. We hope that these ideas will enrich your conversation and increase your enjoyment of the book. Image credit: BBC/Lingo Pictures Pty Ltd/Create NSW/Screen Australia) How to watch The Secrets She Keeps season 2? The romance between Connor and Maddie is nicely done and the author builds a genuine emotional connection between the pair as well as writing them some nicely steamy scenes. Connor is a terrific hero; sexy, compassionate and protective without being suffocating or overbearing, with a good sense of humour and fun, and I really enjoyed the relationship that developed between him and Ben as well; it was clear they came to respect each other beneath the snark. I found Maddie more difficult to warm to however; she’s clever and intuitive, and she’s been through things that would have broken someone with less gumption, but although I understood her reluctance to reveal her secrets, this disrupted the flow of the story and went on for too long. The identity of the villain is also fairly easy to work out, but I liked the fact that the author didn’t go for the obvious in terms of their reasons for doing what they did.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment