276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Indi Golf StingRay TT Lob Wedge (60)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This wedge is very consistent though, I’m not sure if that has to do with the scoopback, but I can’t think of one shot that felt bad with it maybe very forgiving. My current wedges are all head heavy, the stingray tt almost feels like there's heft in the head all the way to the hands.

With the ATK, you are going to see lots of forgiveness and relief for those wedge shots that don’t hit the center of the clubface. I don’t know why, but I think the combo of the KBS shaft (one I’ve admittedly never used before) and the lower launching, tour-inspired flight from the Stingray TT gives me about 5-7 yards more than similar setups. Mike is a First Tee Level 1 Certified instructor and enjoys sharing his love for the game with the Orlando area youth that participate in The First Tee of Central Florida program. Now, before you envision yourself sucking wedge shots back 30 feet, let me be clear that the difference is not huge.The leading edge on the FLX is straighter for workability and shot-making with a tour inspired look. After learning about the different models and how they perform during the Indi Golf Product Clinic, I was completely sold on the benefits these wedges would provide for my golf game. The FLX is best suited for players that have a shallower angle of attack, and like to play with a low-moderate amount of bounce. Since both sets featured fresh grooves, I felt it would be fun to record some comparison data on a Foresight GC2 for a mid-range approach shot with the 56°. As an enthusiast for all things golf course history and architecture, it gives him a great excuse to travel the world with his wife and share his experiences along the way.

Mike being able to zip the ball back 40-50ft using the non-conforming Stingray wedge looked like a lot of fun. Sorry if this sounds mean but you average score is likely over 100 with that handicap (assuming by handicap you mean index). That’s pretty much a must these days, as I can’t even think of a manufacturer using polished chrome on their wedges. On a full shot, the Stingray TT spun about 500 RPM more than what I consider average for a quality wedge. Perhaps due to the growth in popularity, companies have made some great strides in extending the durability of these finishes in recent years.This one’s been great out of bunkers so far, and it has been really useful in the dry, packed sand we’ve had this summer. Its forgiveness is useful for off-center strikes; seeing the ball travel just as far and with as much spin as if I flushed it was a welcome sight. The new SR is a culmination of all we learned from the past three years, as well as the painstaking development and testing regimen that goes into all Indi Golf products,” explained Rob Lang, President of Indi Golf. I’ve had a chance to play Indi wedges for awhile – check my review for the Stingray TT Wedge – so I’ve got a true apples to apples comparison here. Similar to last year, the grooves do extend across the entire face, so even when shots get away from center contact, there should still be a little bit of grab.

Really intrigued to see how our tester does with these and how well the “fit by speed” concept works with him. In one way of thinking, it’s not the easiest for me to tell if I hit it right on the button, or off towards the toe (my miss).Indi offers TONS of loft, bounce, finish, and grind (more to come, too) options so work with them to get fit properly. Launch: The Scoopback design of the wedge allows for a lower, more-controllable launch with a slightly higher center of gravity than most wedges. From the rough, through the fairway, and up by the green, the StingRay wedges made solid contact without digging or getting caught up in the grass. The shape of the club is clean with a thick top line that instills confidence in any shot that you want to hit.

Overwhelming, the response after testing was that the wedge looked good, felt great, but it was non-conforming, therefore it was a no-go for that golfer.

If you can hit a low draw in a sweeping motion instead of hitting down on it, you will be able to rip it back 50+ ft from 60 yards out on a receptive green. Bounce: The 58-degree wedge comes with 12 degrees of bounce and a C-Grind sole allowing for maximum forgiveness and versatility. Both wedges have a very clean player profile and are offered in loft options from the 50 to the 60-degree wedge. First off, the spin that I was able to generate with the conforming (TT) grooves was very impressive for me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment