276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dead Until Dark: A True Blood Novel: 1 (Sookie Stackhouse series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ll start out by saying that the three stars are for the writing, not the entertainment value. And I’ll be the first one to admit that I’ve given some atrociously-written books all sorts of stars, but I just didn’t in this case. These books were lots of fun, though. I don’t really have enough to say to review them all individually, so I chose this extremely convenient box set option which covers books one through seven. Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over thirty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Charlaine lives in Texas now, and all of her children and grandchildren are within easy driving distance. The murder/mystery plot in Dead Until Dark was barely present - and that was probably a good thing since the best way to describe it was like the Barney Fife version of CSI. It was one of those situations where you knew the only way for the killer to be caught was by the main character, which was a little strange because Sookie, in no way, was trying to catch him (or her). There was enough tension in the room to send a fleet of the nervous running for their tranquilizers.” If you look deeper, you will see that Charlaine is actually using vampire as metaphor to explore various current issues. The main topic in this book is really about the minority in our societies and their interactions with "the majority" of our community and the prejudice they come across. There are lots of grey areas in the book. For example, Bill, the so-called tortured soul who now wants to be good, also has his darker side. He has killed people for Sookie. And the town of Bon Temps are so convinced that Bill killed the women because they have fang marks-if that's not prejudice, then I don't know what it is.

Not many things to say, but just this book, it’s worth it! It’s amazing and short and way better than the first! I loved the idea of vampires "coming out of the closet" and trying to live among humans (while balancing the rules and hierarchy they've practiced for centuries). I liked how Harris even managed to touch on topics such as AIDS and its effect on blood-drinking beings. I found the whole "virus" explanation of vampirism interesting and I wonder if it is a strategic move by vampires to gain power over the humans. Quinn is hot, but not my type. I really love how he takes care of Sookie and how he is risking himself for her.The rapper Snoop Dogg, a fan of the tv-show, made a song called "Oh Sookie", inspired by the character. [8] Romantic relationships [ edit ] The relationship between Bill and Sookie is getting closer to a normal human relationship. They have fights, they buy gifts, they do human things together. Eric is a much important character in the second book, being more active on this book. He has an intense atraction for Sookie, which is good for me, bcs I love him so muchhhh, and I really hope there will be something between them. After Jason and Michele get married, Sam drives Sookie home and wants to spend the night. Sookie hopes she and Sam will be still together by Christmas but, if they aren't, she'll know that she will be okay with it. The writing was a little bit basic, however the story made up for it. There are a lot of personality names to keep in mind, however as it happens in a tiny southern community with deep roots, that’s to be expected.

The next day, Sookie makes an excuse to visit Bill's house, but she finds he already has company: three other vampires and some of their "fang-bangers," humans who allow vampires to drink their blood. The vampires are wild and violent compared to Bill; they even try to feed on Sookie. However, Bill prevents them, saying, "She is mine." After the experience, Sookie takes some time away from Bill to decide if she really does want to become involved with vampires. This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. Sookie agrees for the benefit of Sophie-Anne to listen to the thoughts of humans at The Summit, attended by powerful vampires. Sophie-Anne is accused of killing her husband, though Sookie knows that she is innocent. Sookie discovers a bomb planted outside of the Louisiana suite and warns Sophie-Anne. At Sophie-Anne's trial Sookie helps to prove that Sophie-Anne's accusers are being manipulated. Sophie-Anne's child, Andre Paul, forces Sookie to exchange blood with him to try to tie Sookie to Sophie-Anne. Eric exchanges blood with Sookie to prevent Sookie being tied to Andre. This exchange with Eric causes Sookie to become more closely bonded to Eric. Sookie and fellow telepath Barry Horowitz, who met previously in Dallas, learn that multiple bombs have been planted in the hotel by the Fellowship of the Sun. Sookie and Barry help to get some humans and vampires free before the bombs detonate. Sookie and Barry discover that if they hold hands their telepathy is magnified and by doing this they help find humans buried in the rubble. Sookie finds Andre alive but Quinn stakes him to stop his intentions to use Sookie. Sophie-Anne escapes but loses her legs. Sookie rescues Eric, Pam and Bill. Okay, I should probably start by saying I love vampires. I've loved vampires since I was old enough to know what they were. I have dreamed a lot of dreams about vampires, even before David Boreanaz made them sexy as hell. The dreams changed a bit after that, of course. Meanwhile, Bon Temps is experiencing a string of murders. All the victims are young women, and they all have been strangled to death. Stranger still, each was connected to vampires in some way. This makes the people of Bon Temps angry and suspicious of vampires, including Bill. But vampires are not the only possible suspects. The authorities are also watching Sookie’s brother, Jason, because he has previously been in sexual relationships with more than one of the victims.

And the timing couldn’t be worse b/c someone is strangling women in Bon Temps (where Sookie lives) who are known to associate with vampires . . . She has been hoping to meet one - Vampires have 'come out' since the discovery of synthetic blood, but even though Bill is trying to fit into 'mainstream' living, having fangs is not a recommendation when women are found murdered showing bite-marks. Sookie soon finds out that being involved with him makes life more than just a trifle complicated. William Thomas " Bill" Compton is a fictional character from The Southern Vampire Mysteries series by author Charlaine Harris. He is a vampire and is introduced in the first novel in the series, Dead Until Dark Human life [ edit ]

You know why this series is great?? Because its lazy, no effort reading! Everything is just so. Even the secrets are so plain & in your face that it makes you wonder: am i a moron for being soo hooked on these books? But you aren't! Not by any means! If you want a simple escape into a fantasy world where you have everything pretty much thought out for you, this is the collection to read! She works in Merlottes bar and here you will meet her employer Sam and some of her workmates including Arlene and the ever flamboyant Lafayette. Sookie stops by Merlotte's and ends up having sex with Sam for the first time. Sookie tells Sam they must take it slow. She wants to be sure he's not a rebound relationship. Sookie, Sam, Jason and Michele go to Stomping Sally's to dance. Sookie is kidnapped by Johan Glassport, Steve Newlin and Claude Crane. Sookie manages to escape and runs from her kidnappers into the safety of a large group of people from Stomping Sally's, who have chased behind the van in an effort to save Sookie. Claude smashes Steve Newlin's head, who confesses that he and Johan killed Arlene. Johan and Claude are shot dead.In season 5, he and Eric Northman are arrested for the murder of Nan Flanigan. The two are brought to the Authority's underground base, where he eventually accepts the Book of Lilith. Bill is left competing with Salome for the vial of Lilith's blood, which he eventually wins by killing her. After drinking Lilith's blood, despite Eric and Sookie trying to convince him not to, Bill begins to bleed out and dies. Moments later, however, he is resurrected as a more powerful vampire, now having the strength of Lilith as well. Any issues with the book list you are seeing? Or is there an author or series we don’t have? Let me know! So it’s nice to see someone like Sookie—a college degree-less, “barmaid” who has been whispered and gossiped about her entire life b/c of her “disability”, come out ahead of her “betters.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment