276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Janet and John: Book One (Janet & John Series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I later graduated to the "long" Seuss books, with characters like the Lorax, Horton the elephant, the Umbus (a long cow with 98 udders), and Floob-boober-bab-boober-bubs (floating blubbery creatures.

The books became a familiar aid for teaching schoolchildren throughout the 1950s and 1960s, being used in 81% of British primary schools in 1968. I've always been told that I memorised all the words to "The little red hen" and knew when to turn the pages at age 2, so my Father would put me down with the book in front of his amazed friends and watch me "read" the whole book, now I know how Milli Vanilli felt when getting their award. By the mid-1970s the Janet and John books were looking increasingly outdated with their representation of a middle-class nuclear family. com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsy’s global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US.Further volumes appeared later, and the series became a sales success in the 1950s and 60s, both in the UK and in New Zealand. I remember of Janet and Jim (I think it was like that) and now I would like to get a copy of some to teach my students, with them. So I became my own reading group, and took out books from the school library to read while the other kids got the "Jack And Janet" series. i read janet and john at school but my real passion was for enid blyton - i loved everything she wrote!

He was tested recently to ascertain his reading age and at 8y6m his results came out at 10y6m so ORT obviously did something good! School library stamp to the title page, general rubbing to the covers and in Good condition, no dust wrapper as published. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies.

The books are high up on my shelves right now so I’ll have to wait until someone can reach them down for me! Etsy reserves the right to request that sellers provide additional information, disclose an item's country of origin in a listing, or take other steps to meet compliance obligations.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment