276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KitchenCraft KCCPSPREAD Crepe Spreader, Beechwood, 24 cm , Beige

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Pour melted butter into the batter: Browned butter gives the crepe its distinctive nutty butter flavour. Before starting, I recommend weighting and measuring all the ingredients so they are ready to be used as you go. If you’re looking for a tried and true crepe recipe, this set comes with two different ones to test out. 5. Moonwood Crepe Spreader and Spatula Set

La Chandeleur is precisely 40 days after Christmas, which also happens to be Groundhog Day. You can read about La Chandeleur here. Le Creuset is pretty much synonymous with the term “heirloom piece”, so although the Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron Crêpe Pan is the priciest crêpe maker on our list, this beauty is sure to last you a few generations—as confirmed by their lifetime guarantee—and look great while doing it. Another stainless steel crepe spreader option that is a little more affordable and includes two sizes (5 inches and 7 inches) of spreader and a spatula. After living in France while raising my three children over the last 11 years, i've accumulated a lot of insider knowledge.Le Ménagier de Paris, “The Parisian Household” Book, is an anonymous French medieval guidebook from 1393, written in the voice of an elderly Parisian to his fifteen-year-old bride on how a woman should behave. It’s what you might call a medieval woman’s magazine, which contained fashion, gardening and housekeeping tips, poems, prayers, moral instruction, and various recipes. We found that this was super simple to operate, since there's only one heat setting and therefore no need to adjust to find the perfect temperature. It also heated incredibly fast, so there wasn't much waiting around involved. An indicator light pops on when your crepe is done cooking, which is convenient, but we found it was best to keep an eye on the batter's surface and watch for dissipated steam to determine doneness. This took about 30 to 45 seconds per crepe.

Sift together the Flour, Salt and Sugar into a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine then make a well in the centre (see note 1). If you’re wondering whether pancakes and crêpes are the same, you've come to the right place. Made without baking powder, crêpes are the thinner, crispier, and dare we say cooler French cousin of pancakes. They’re perfect vehicles for all your favorite toppings, from the classic chocolate and banana combo to savory fillings like mushrooms and cheese. Read on for all the do’s and don’ts of shopping for a crêpe maker. Make a hole in the middle of the flour and add the eggs. Start whisking immediately while adding milk a little bit at a time. If you let it sit, you will get lumps. Several of the sets listed below come with a handy crepe spatula. This style looks different from a regular spatula because it is long, relatively thin, and designed specifically to support and flip your crepes. This set includes 3 different sized crepe spreaders (3.5 inches, 5 inches, and 7 inches) plus a handy 12-inch spatula for all your crepe flipping needs.

How to Make Crepes

Add in the milk and water, then whisk the mixture together until smooth, you may do this by hand or use a mixer or blender if desired; A crêperie can be a street vendor selling crepes as street food or a more formal sit-down restaurant or café. Crêperies are typical in France, especially in Brittany; however, they can be found throughout France and many other countries. The sizes range from 3 inches to 7 inches and the wood is seasoned with mineral oil to protect from water damage. If your crepes turn out too crispy, then it is most likely you have cooked them in a pan that is too hot. Your pan should be over medium heat, and shouldn't be so hot that when you pour the batter into the pan it immediately sets up.

While I find the best results when I allow the batter to chill for one hour, you can cook it immediately after making the batter. The results won't always be as nice and sometimes will cook a bit too fast. If making for the first time, I highly suggest following the recommended chill time. Why Are My Crepes Crispy? The completed batter should be thin, and once prepared, it helps to refrigerate before cooking. The crepe pan or crepe maker should be preheated with a small amount of butter, oil, or cooking spray. The ideal amount of batter to add to the pan is about 1/4- to 1/3-cup of batter per crepe.When you’re not making crepes, you can use this on the stove to cook things like eggs or pancakes, or to heat tortillas or flatbreads. Since it's oven-safe, you can use it in the oven to cook personal pizzas, too. It can be cleaned in the dishwasher or washed by hand with hot soap and water. Pour ¼ cup batter into the center of the pan, then spread or swirl outwards to coat in an even layer. The NutriChef Electric Crepe Maker has a large, 12-inch cooking surface and a simple dial for temperature control to make the perfect crepes, but we particularly liked that it can also be used to make anything else you’d cook on a standard griddle, such as eggs, bacon, and sausage. You can even use it to heat tortillas or flatbreads. But how do you choose the best crepe spreader? You want to decide on the size you need, whether you want a set that includes a special crepe spatula, if you want a wooden or stainless steel spreader, figure out what your budget is, and look for ones that are cookware safe.

Regardless of your budget, I’ve included a variety of price points and sets for you to choose from so that you’re certain to find a crepe spreader that fits your needs. The 11 Best Wooden Crepe Spreaders Fresh Berries Sauces like Mixed Berry Compote, Raspberry Compote, Strawberry Compote or Blueberry Compote Let the batter sit:Crepe recipes often say to let the batter rest for 30 minutes, which results in an even flatter crepe, unlike pancake batter, which is usually used immediately. (if you’re in a hurry, it’s ok to use the batter right away). Crepes are extremely easy to make Galette Mexicaine or Galettes tortilla = Tortillas. This really confused me because, in Quebec, they are called Tortilla in French and not galette. Stainless steel crepe spreaders are much easier to clean since you can just pop them right in the dishwasher or soak them in the sink. They won’t rust, and they won’t get warped from being soaked or getting wet.If you know that you don’t need a crepe spatula, but you still want a variety of crepe spreader sizes, then this set is going to be perfect for you. This recipe takes all of the fear and mystery out of these delicate crepes. They will soon become a favorite on your menu and used as a base for many delicious additions of sauce, cheese, meat, and berries. The word “Galette” is from old French “gale,” which was the word for a “smooth, round, flat pebble.” In modern French, the word for pebble is “Galet” (pronounced Gah-Lay). In the past, I've hosted gourmet meals, pizza nights, a basic pot roast dinner, sandwiches with chips and dips, and finger food meals. One thing I always wanted to host is a weekend brunch with friends. I've perfected many classic recipes, but the crepe is one that just recently became part of my skillset. Pour about 2/3 of the melted butter and milk into the well. Whisk to combine - the mixture will be rather stiff, that's normal.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment