276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Xbox 360 E 250GB Console

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Which model is best? Which Xbox 360 is right for you? Well, that's for you to decide. To make your decision easier, however, we have compiled all of the various pros and cons of each of the Xbox 360's major iterations. Xbox 360 Elite Xbox 360 Elite vs S vs E: What Are The Differences? 5 For the mentioned games you want to play, if you plan on getting the DLC at some point later, then no. Microsoft debuted the E console saying it would run quieter and cooler. During my few weeks with it I did notice those two things to be true, but nowhere near the dramatic improvement going from a "classic" white 360 (the 2005 version) to the 360 S (2010 version). If temperature and noise are your two biggest reasons for seeking an upgrade, allow me to talk you out of it. How To Tell It Apart From The Other Models: The Xbox 360 E features a two-tone finish with one half of the console being matte and the other half glossy. Essentially, it looks more like the initial Xbox One console that ultimately replaced the 360 line. It is slightly smaller than the S, but we are talking about millimeters here.

GAF, I haven't owned a 360 since I sold my old Pro in 2011, and I miss playing some of the games I own for it. You need to read more GAF threads if that's the worst advice you've ever read here. I could critique your post just as easily, though instead of sounds like a jet engine (some models of elite aren't actually that bad, the Jasper v4.1 in particular is much quieter than other models) I'd simply say something as out of context such as: 4GB Seriously? you can't even play GTA without extras. I'm also in the market for a new 360, and I'm going with the 'S' model because I want dolby digital out to my Astros via optical. Can't do that with the 'E'. Do you plan to get a Xbox One down the road? The E is similar in design to that so I think it looks nicer having them both together. Bottom Line: If reliability is really your only concern, then grab an Xbox 360 Elite console with a Jasper motherboard. That being said, both the Xbox 360 S and E models are also pretty solid in the reliability department, but Elite owners are missing out on some key features that came with the later consoles. Xbox 360 S Xbox 360 Elite vs S vs E: What Are The Differences? 6Bottom line: if you want to do anything fun on the 360 beyond playing single-player games, you'll want to budget the annual Xbox Live Gold subscription into your plans -- or plan on getting one of those alternatives instead. The middle unit is the Xbox 360 S. It improves on the classic 360 by adding a dedicated Kinect port, additional USB ports, integrated wireless and a built-in optical audio out. All of these models come with HDMI ports. Yeah I noticed that in a video I just watched. I like the matte finish much more than the fingerprint and dust magnet.

It seems clear that for almost any way you could judge the three, the Xbox 360 S is the winner. The only advantages the E has is similarity in design to the Xbox One, and perhaps a slight noise difference. The "classic" 360 is probably cheaper, but buying one used is slightly risky. Slim's more reliable from what I've heard, as the E is smaller so the components are more cramped and likely to overheat. Also they dropped support for component and VGA cables by using a new video port and I believe there's no toslink port. In general the E is more cheaply made. Where as I would like to agree with the state of the hard drive only being able to be replaced by a microsoft xbox hard drive is not factually true. There are programs out there that will take any drive and format it in their special format. I have done this with several xbox units spaning all of their models. Use xbox live and have yet to have any issues.In reality, the Xbox 360 E is a cost-saving box that was reportedly cheaper to manufacture than the previous S model. Microsoft removed a couple of ports and created a console that has slightly less utility than its predecessor. These differences aren't likely to be significant enough to make many gamers care all that much, but it should be noted that not all of the features boasted by the S made its way to the console's final redesign. Which should I get, the 360 Slim or the new E model? I've heard that the E drops the AV Connector, but I have no friggin' clue what that means. Overview: There's not a lot of bad things to say about the Xbox 360 S. In fact, it feels like the console Microsoft was always trying to make that generation. It gives gamers HD gaming with all of the bells and whistles and barely any of the concessions. Sure, it's not quite as reliable as a Jasper-motherboard Xbox 360 and it's not as quiet as the E model, but it is widely considered to be the best all-around console in the Xbox 360 family. Another slight difference: the touch power and eject controls from the 360 S have been replaced with more-traditional physical buttons. The one on the right is the Xbox 360 E. It is a redesign of the 360 S to make it look a bit more like the Xbox One. However, they dropped the optical out, the AV port (for Component video) and a USB port. There's no real advantage to this model as far as I can see. (The linked CNet review says the pros are it's "slightly quieter")

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment