276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Broadsword And The Beast (The 40th Anniversary Monster Edition)

£32.89£65.78Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Double-Edged Sword (Steven Wilson mixes of additional Broadsword recordings March 1981 to January 1982)

If you wish to help encourage this non-political, not-for-profit organisation please read all about their work at http://polyphonyfoundation.org Jethro Tull is still hard at work making new music. The Ian Anderson-fronted outfit releasedits 23rd album, RokFlote, in April. CD 1: ‘THE BROADSWORD AND THE BEAST’ A Steven Wilson stereo remix THE BROADSWORD AND THE BEAST’ A Steven Wilson stereo remix Austriancharts.at – Jethro Tull – The Broadsword and the Beast" (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 4 April 2022.Early master mixes prepared in July 1981. The master mix of ‘Watching Me, Watching You’ used on the album was also prepared during these mixing sessions. Well fellow Tullheads, I figured rather than continue to annoy any “off topic” folks more with another Under Wraps comment on the Jethro Tull The Broadsword and the Beast SW remix and sessions coming in 2022 thread, I’d just go ahead and start a new thread for the extremely speculative among us for the possible and hopeful 2024 remix deluxe Under Wraps. Whether SW does it or whether it even happens remains to be seen, but I’m not the only one that has been absolutely body slamming the Broadsword thread with off topic Under Wraps wishes and dreams. So let’s bring it here!

Larkin, Colin (2007). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music (4thed.). Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0195313734. The Broadsword and the Beast’ is the 14th studio album by Jethro Tull, released on 10 April 1982 and according to Ian Anderson in the liner notes of the remastered CD, contains some of Jethro Tull’s best music. This album's masterful storytelling, accompanied by Ian Anderson's unmistakable flute melodies, garnered critical acclaim and has become a fan favourite over the years. The album mixes electronic sound, provided by Peter-John Vettese (a characteristic that would be explored further on the next album Under Wraps) with acoustic instruments. Matrix / Runout (DVD3 inner ring): [One-Red "R" logo] [Warner "W" logo] 58297897/019296436079-DVD3-1 D 21 Double-Edged Sword (Steven Wilsonmixes of additional Broadsword recordings March 1981 to January 1982) Jethro Tull‘s 1982 album The Broadsword and the Beast is celebrated in the form of The 40th Anniversary Monster Edition, out 1st September 2023! It will be available on various formats and includes new mixes from Steven Wilson, demos, rough mixes, live recordings and sessions from 1981.

The Broadsword and the Beast’ is the 14th studio album by Jethro Tull, released on 10 April 1982 and according to Ian Anderson in the liner notes of the remastered CD, contains some of Jethro Tull’s best music. This album's masterful storytelling, accompanied by Ian Anderson's unmistakable flute melodies, garnered critical acclaim and has become a fan favourite over the years. The album mixes electronic sound, provided by Peter-John Vettese (acharacteristic that would be explored further on the next album Under Wraps) with acoustic instruments. Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992 (illustrateded.). St Ives, N.S.W.: Australian Chart Book. p.155. ISBN 0-646-11917-6. Join me, Ian Anderson, in giving your support now to the Polyphony Foundation. A most worthy cause and an important cog in the wheels which grind all-too-slowly towards peace in the Middle East. I can understand why a lot of Jethro Tull fans would be less satisfied with the sound of the album - it obviously does have a more electronic, more kind of techno sound to it, but for me it's actually one of the albums that I find most pleasant to listen to. Certainly musically very competent, very well played, good stuff." -Ian Anderson 1993 From Jethro Tull Complete Lyrics book.

On the plus side, the campaign would finish very strongly in 2022 with two of (IMHO) Tull's best albums...but 2021 looks weak to me. Matrix / Runout (DVD2 inner ring): [One-Red "R" logo] [Warner "W" logo] 58265849/0190296436079-DVD2 D 21 He once gave the hypothetical example of the Foo Fighters as a big name band he'd have no interest in doing remix work for - but having said that he did add that in theory he might do it if they threw enough money at him (which he could use to fund his own musical projects going forward) but the likelihood that they'd ever pay him as much money as he'd need to justify working on something he doesn't at all like are slim to none. Showing cooperation and team spirit between communities in this way through both artistic endeavour and cultural mutual respect surely has to be a great example to young and old – whether in Israel or far-flung diasporas.LP 2: Double-Edged Sword (Steven Wilson mixes of additional Broadsword recordings March 1981 to January 1982) Side 1

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment