276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TEAC TN-350-MB Black Audio Turntable (Audio Turntable with Belt Drive, Manual, Black, Silver, Aluminium, MDF, Aluminium, 33 1/3,33,45)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Somehow Im biased towards Teac because I feel it has been a consistent company while sadly Akai is no longer the old Akai company I knew from when I was young. It is now a different company.

That said, the forerunners do appear to be the Planar 3 and the Sony unit I mentioned mainly as it seems to review better. A Worn stylus can cause Serious ( IrreversibleDamage ) to your records, and provide poor sound quality

Teac STL103 Stereo/Mono Diamond Stylus, Sanyo ST05D Ref 391D

So Im in the market for a new turntable. Of course I could go for the AT LP60 but hey I wanted something else.

Naturally, there are better models out there at higher price points, and a side by side audio comparison between the TN300 and more expensive turntables will show that difference in quality. However, on a budget, the TN300 provides excellent audio and flexible features that bridge the gap between analog and digital audio. The main features of both designs are actually similar, but there are also many changes, even surprising ones. This turntable sounds coherent and energetic. “Coherent”… can be written about any turntable, but energetically – certainly only about some of them. Fortunately, not only the most expensive ones, as you can see, also happen in this price range.Finally, another album that constitutes a mandatory test run in the vinyl context. Ken Lyon In Concert is an album that magically captures the acoustic club atmosphere with its simple recording technique. Sumiko Oyster is at its height here, providing great body for both Ken Lyon's vocals and guitar. And again I find that there may be other PUs that reveal the very last Word in details. I mentioned the AT-VM95EN further up, and here you get a little from both camps. That is, a bit of Sumiko Oyster's pleasant and soft rendering, and some of 2M Red's details. But not both at the same time. If, however, you go up to the two most expensive models AT-VM95ML and AT-VM95SH, you get very interesting upgrades for a very moderate amount, and two PUs that offer tremendous value for money. Here we are on a fairly neutral sound balance, but with very good detail. SH is probably the best, but at the same time the most demanding. And ML is a very interesting alternative for a slightly lower price. And it is not automaticly obvious that you prefer the most expensive one.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment