276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sailor Moon: The Complete First Season

£15.59£31.18Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When they first got the series, they only aired sixty-five episodes in America and they had to cut episodes that were deemed inappropriate for children to be watching or, in the case of Death of the Sailor Guardians: The Tragic Final Battle and Usagi's Eternal Wish: A Brand New Life, merge them together and cut out specific scenes focusing on violence or sexuality.

I won't get into the debate of what is better but what I will say is; I became a fan after the watching DiC version, so if I didn't like it then I would not have bought this version. After watching this version; the main thing I will admit that I do miss is are some of the songs in the DiC version. Having said that, watching the ViZ version does not diminish my enjoyment of it one bit. MVM put out six episodes per release totaling fourteen DVDs of both seasons, but after 2004 they were discontinued supposedly due to low sales. Overall (with its complete lisy of episodes, movies and specials) Sailor Moon itself totals 200 episodes with its entire five seasons, with the addition of three feature films and five shorts, and despite more choice was made available on VHS/DVD overseas in the USA (even long before the discontinuation of the UK DiC titles), there was still demand for the series to be made available for current audiences, it was the result of low quality bootleg releases if now expensive second hand DVDs or Japanese imports.in Japanese). Animage.jp. Archived from the original on September 14, 2009 . Retrieved July 19, 2009. Another example of DiC's edits, this time from their dub of A Guardian’s Friendship: Goodbye, Ami. Here, DiC edited a seatbelt onto Ami. Sailor Moon Official Announcement Trailer. Viz Media. May 16, 2014. Archived from the original on December 19, 2021 . Retrieved June 26, 2014– via YouTube. Changing them to being 'cousins' forced Cloverway to make edits on scenes in which they showed love for each other, and change the dialogue to hide their usual flirting with each other (and, also times, when Haruka flirted with Usagi, were also changed). This also caused Cloverway to change major plots from various episodes, such as with episode 95, in which Haruka and Michiru enter a couple of contest, but Cloverway changed it to a 'friend contest'. On March 18, 2011, Kodansha USA released a press release about publishing a new English translation of the Sailor Moon manga and a translation of Codename: Sailor V. [8] The first volume of the Kodansha USA English translation of the Sailor Moon manga was published on September 13, 2011, while the last volume was released on July 2, 2013. The Short Stories volumes were eventually translated as well.

DVD‐COLLECTION Vol. 2(完)". toei-video.co.jp. Toei Video. Archived from the original on October 18, 2014 . Retrieved July 25, 2014.It should be noted there are differences between the two versions, everything is all re-voiced and the songs are all the originals from the Japanese version. The names of the characters in the DiC are different perhaps I think it was an attempt by at the time to make character names more approachable to the North American viewer. One will also notice there are 46 episodes if you buy parts 1 and 2 while DiC had only 40; the ViZ version as a result makes the overall story and plot line much more coherent. You will find there are episodes that never made the light of day in the DiC version.

I love this show. In fact, it is probably one of my top five animes of all time. Probably much closer to being first place on the list than any other anime show. Without a doubt, it is a 5 star show all the way and a 5 star release all the way (even though i wish it was all of season one instead of only 23 episodes), but the 1 star comes to the new English voice cast. Sailor Moon's popularity with social media, guests at cosplay conventions and imported merchandise make her image go un-noticed in the UK, but unless you are looking for her complete original manga comic book series, you'll find it difficult in finding her anime TV series within this country on any home entertainment format.

I have seen the English dubbed version by Viz on hulu and I can admit that the critics who trash the voice acting as garbage fail to see the point. I am from a family of artists, with multilingual studies, written word and visual arts as part of my studies, I have learned that a 100% accurate translation in terms of vocal acting and wording of the lines originally spoken in anime is an impossible task that in certain cases, can't be done. But the fact that various episodes that were dropped in the first dub by DiC (later Cookie Jar, then DHX) have been translated into English and dubbed by Viz should be a pleasant bonus to those who had invested in the Japanese DVDs. Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon TV episode guide". Usagi.org. December 22, 1994. Archived from the original on August 8, 2011 . Retrieved September 10, 2013. Mammano, Michael (June 5, 2014). "Sailor Moon: Usagi Learns Her Lesson: Becoming a Star is Hard Work review". Den of Geek. Den of Geek World Ltd. Archived from the original on May 6, 2020 . Retrieved May 5, 2020. The opening sequence also ended up doing something similar, as it showed the scene where Princess Serenity and the spirits of the Sailor Senshi are fighting against Super Beryl in the last episode of the first season. Viz's Sailor Moon English Dub to Premiere on Hulu, Neon Alley on Friday". Anime News Network. September 3, 2014. Archived from the original on September 4, 2014 . Retrieved September 3, 2014.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment