276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Protexin Veterinary Cystophan - Urinary Health and Bladder Support for Cats with N-acetyl D-glucosamine, Hyaluronic Acid and L-tryptophan - 30 Capsules, FV2221

£11.425£22.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Key Benefits: N-acetyl D-glucosamine - A glycosaminoglycan (GAG) precursor which acts as the building block for GAGs such as. Hyperdrug Pharmaceuticals Limited is registered with the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) who are responsible for the regulation of Veterinary Medicines 2030014-1.

Our cat is 4 years old and we have 2 cats (they don't get on) but it's definitely not spraying and it's not the litter etc (we tried all options). If you are not familiar these release a scent into the air which humans cannot detect but which has a pronounced calming effect on cats usually (a synthetic pheromone). Changing to Feliway Cystease may help but using supplements such as these is only one of the things you can do to help prevent idiopathic cystitis. Hyperdrug Pharmaceuticals Limited (Registered in England and Wales with Company Number 01898060) previously registered as Hyperdrug Ltd.

The capsules can be given whole but it may be better to open the capsule(s) and sprinkle the contents onto the food to reduce the potential for causing stress. The Catrine Cat Urine Collection Kit is a convenient and inexpensive kit for collecting feline urine samples for both veterinarians and pet owners. Cats can suffer from urinary issues for a number of reasons including stress, poor diet and bladder conditions. How much time it needs to have effect on my cat or should I try other product such as Feliway Cystease. Cystophan contains N-acetyl D-glucosamine, hyaluronic acid, L-tryptophan ( for stress) and an artificial chicken flavouring.

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. We use the collected information from the cookie to enhance your experience with our site and is not shared with any 3rd parties. Hyaluronic acid: One of the main components of the protective GAG layer, acting as a scaffold for the whole structure. Nearly 50% of cats with Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC) will have recurrent signs within one year so it is important to offer a high quality product to manage this correctly. We understand that there are essential items which you need to purchase for your pet on a regular basis, such as food and medication.

My three questions: 1) our vet said we can give him the medicine for the rest of his life if it works - is that true? I lost a cat to cystitis which was horrific so I will always use this on mine and any future cats I may have! Overweight cats are also more prone to cystitis so feeding a suitable low calorie food to reduce your cats weight would be helpful if there is a problem here. After a scary experience where our 5yr old neutered male cat almost died after getting a blockage, we realised we needed to find something to help his kidneys for the rest of his life as well as completely changing his diet.

Cystophan just contains the active ingredients that help the bladder and will calm your cat so this should not be an issue, but animals with IBD can be very sensitive to any dietary/supplement additions. VetIQ Urinary Care Paste for Cats and Dogs helps maintain a healthy urinary tract by providing a source of dl-methionine and natural cranberry extracts. Helping to support and preserve the glucosaminoglycan (GAG) layer of the bladder, Cystophan is presented in easy to use capsules that can be given whole, or opened and sprinkled directly onto food. Cystophan for Cats helps to support and preserve the protective glycosaminoglycan (GAG) layer of the bladder. Uri-Balance Methionine Urine Acidifying Gel is a palatable supplemental source of Methionine for cats and dogs.

Personally I would certainly try a Feliway Diffuser in the main living area, possibly other rooms as well. Cystaid for Cats is a nutritional supplement that can be used to help cats maintain a healthy bladder and manage the lower tract function. Sitting around for many hours with a full bladder is something many dogs are able to do, but it makes them a bit more prone to trouble.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment