276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS TUF FX505 - 15.6 Inch IPS Full HD Gaming Laptop - Intel i5-9300H, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB NMVe PCI-e SSD, Windows 10), Stealth Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

READ NEXT: Asus ROG Strix Scar III: 9th-Gen, 244Hz gaming Asus TUF FX505 review: Key specifications, price and release date

The speakers on this unit were barely average in terms of volume, at up to 72-74 dB at head-level, and rather subpar in terms of quality. However, the driver did not install the Audio Wizard software on either of our FX505 samples, which normally helps with the volumes and quality, so I’d take our findings with a grain of salt, perhaps the output can be further improved if you can get that software installed. Even so, the actuals chambers are small, the sound comes through narrow cuts on the sides and is tinny, with little on the low-end, but alright mids and highs.Its competitive pricing is what primarily puts this laptop on most maps. In fact, in most regions, this is the most affordable RTX 2060 notebook you can find in stores, and it’s not even a regular RTX 2060, it’s the 90W OC variant you’d normally get on much more expensive gaming notebooks like the Asus ROG Scar III or the MSI GE65 Raider.

The 1TB 5400rpm FireCuda SSHD loads games more than 2X faster than 5400rpm HDDs found in rival laptops. FireCuda's flash memory acts like a cache, saving frequently used data without accessing the hard drive to lower power consumption and improve performance. desktop-inspired layout with a highlighted WASD key group, broader space bar, isolated arrow keys, and all zones that can be controlled via the TUF Aura Core panel so you can express your own unique style. The rest of the body around the keyboard has a brushed steel look, but it’s a distinctly plastic-feeling laptop. It’s fine for the price, but if you want a gaming laptop that looks – and feels – more impressive, then you’ll probably need to look elsewhere and be prepared to pay more money.

With daily use, I’d recommend keeping the laptop on Balanced, as Silent tends to make the experience a little sluggish. The fans don’t shut completely off, but they do spin quietly and you’ll only notice them in a quiet room. I was nonetheless expecting better CPU/GPU thermals given the design of the thermal module. Perhaps the limited intake cuts on the bottom have a saying in this, but the bigger issue is also the fact that there’s no way to tweak, undervolt or limit the AMD Ryzen 7 processor, as Ryzen Master does not support Ryzen mobile at this point. For comparison, Intel mobile processors can be tweaked with either XTU or Throttlestop, and that helps with temperatures and performance in most laptops, especially in those in the lower-tier such as this one, with the more limited thermal implementations. Also, as a side note, I think the panel I got on my laptop is different from any listed in your review. It says I have a "144 Hz FHD IPS-Type". I can't find a model number or anything. In the NVIDIA control panel when I try to select use the NVIDIA GPU for everything, it shows that the Radeon Vega is running the display and there's nothing I can do to change that. Second is that this thing runs REALLY hot. Really hot. I had it shut down on my a couple of times sitting on my desk. And you get no warning, it just shuts down. The fans are tamed down on Silent, but gaming on Silent greatly limits the performance, so it’s only possible in older and simpler titles.

Here’s what we got on our review unit, with the screen’s brightness set at around 120 nits (~80 brightness). As far as performance goes, this laptop handles everyday chores smoothly, while running cool and mostly quiet, although you’ll still hear the fans even with the most basics of tasks. WASD key group, and Overstroke technology for fast and precise control. With a cutting-edge IPS-level This configuration comes with the Ryzen 7 3750H processor, the Nvidia RTX 2060 GPU, the 120 Hz screen, 16 GB of RAM and a 512 GB SSD in most regions. It’s important to understand these aspects when shopping for one of these lower-priced gaming notebooks, as the devil lies within these small details. That means you might get a better performer if you’re willing to spend a little more, but also if you’re willing to go with what might on-paper look like a lower-tier GTX 1660Ti computer. Asus offers it’s own GTX 1660Ti variants of the FX505, as well as the portable Zephyrus G GA502, but go through our review, there’s more than meets the eye with that one as well. Other competitive options in this niche are the Asus ROG Strix G, Acer Predator Helios 300, Dell G3 Gaming, Lenovo Legion Y540 and HP Omen 15, each with their particularities and traits, but also all based on Intel/Nvidia hardware.FHD / IPS 120HZ / R7-3750H / 8G RAM / 1TB HDD + PCIE NVME 512G M.2 SSD / RTX2060 GDDR6 6GB / W10 / TUF Bag) At its ROG Re:Define conference in New York, Asus launched a plethora of high-powered premium gaming laptops. In addition to all the fancy, top-end ROG-branded goodies, there were some brand-new laptops on show from the budget-friendly TUF range. According to Asus, the TUF Gaming FX505DY’s keyboard is 'desktop-inspired', which means you should expect the kind of quality and comfort you’d get from a desktop PC keyboard. ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 hadir setelah baru saja dirilisnya FX504. Sebenarnya seri ini dirilis bersamaan dengan FX705. Walaupun bukan dari keluarga lini ROG, laptop gaming ini memiliki beragam fitur keren yang nggak kalah ciamik dengan apa yang dimiliki oleh laptop ROG. Kamu dapat menemukan fitur-fitur seperti Anti-Dust Cooling, AURA Sync RGB Keyboard, dan juga NanoEdge Display. Yang lebih kerennya lagi laptop gaming ini di banderol dengan harga yang sangat murah untuk kelasnya. Last year they completely redesigned it. This year they further updated the configurations and made them even more price-competitive, by opting for a mix of AMD Ryzen and Nvidia Turing hardware, without sacrificing important aspects like a fast refresh-rate IPS screen, an RGB keyboard or a chassis built to last.

W (~4+ h of use) – 1080p fullscreen video on Youtube in Edge, Silent Mode, screen at 80%, Wi-Fi ON; Untuk performanya ASUS membekali laptop ini dengan prosesor Intel Core i7 dan Core i5 generasi ke-8 yang sudah memiliki 6 inti dan 12 untaian untuk seri i7-nya dan 4 inti dan 8 untaian untuk seri i5-nya. Sedangkan untuk VGA-nya, ASUS memercayakannya dengan produk NVIDIA. Kamu bisa memilih 3 varian NVIDIA GeForce GTX Pascal diantaranya GTX 1050, GTX 1050 Ti, dan juga GTX 1060. sand-blasted or brushed finish. The hexagonal design on the underside of the laptop provides additional ports are situated on the left side of the laptop so there’s nothing to interfere with right-handed

Alongside a slew of ROG gaming laptops, Asus has also announced new TUF-branded devices that combine Nvidia and AMD components

There’s only a 48 Wh battery inside the 15-inch TUF Gaming FX505, which is a bit small even for an entry-level gaming notebook by today’s standards, where most other options offer a 52-58 Wh battery. The other differences are the larger and heavier size of the FX705DY (as to be expected), and the larger laptop comes with a bigger 64Wh battery compared to the 48Wh of the FX505DY. With the battery needing to power the larger screen, however, we’d guess that battery life will actually be pretty similar between the two models. The price tag is very reasonable for a gaming laptop, pitting it against budget and midrange machines, such as the Acer Nitro 5, and previous Asus TUF laptops, like the Asus TUF FX504GD. Of course you can run games with the Nvidia GPU. Try to Force Modern Warfare onto the Nvidia chip from Nvidia panel, should work.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment