276°
Posted 20 hours ago

In Suspicious Circumstances

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Oscar®-nominee Lesley Manville ( The Crown, Phantom Thread) stars as the author's book editor, Susan Ryeland, who assumes the role of detective in the case.

Watched (finally) last night the film Jigsaw (no, not THAT one, but the early sixties film whose cast included Jack Warner). But Monique was the kind of girl it's a pleasure to reassure about almost anything, and after half an hour of that heavy French public smooching we were both about as far away from a mother complex as anyone could get. To entertain the boy, the household butler, Baines (played with great subtlety and panache by Ralph Richardson: Doctor Zhivago, Our Man in Havana), invents wildly adventurous stories about his past. Both The Footage Detectives and The Saint will be airing on Christmas Day and New Year's Day, but there are no details up yet of the two editions of The Footage Detectives.IMDB is notoriously unreliable on older shows, but the air dates may also have been muddled by ITV who had a habit of moving episodes around between different regions, when ITV was still regional, with some regions seeing programmes before others.

Extras: Language(s): English, Hard of Hearing Subtitles: English, Interactive Menu, Scene Access, Screen ratio 1:1. I think this show is the reason for my love of mysteries, murders and real life crimes, aged eleven this became my favourite show, and I've waited many years to see it again, it's held up remarkably well.The episodes focusing on specific crimes are the strongest: the episodes focusing on Donald Merrett and the Brighton ‘trunk murders’ of 1934 are particularly interesting, largely because these crimes have been sidelined from the public consciousness. The scene of Mrs Baines spotting Phillipe on that balcony where she appears to jump forward due to missing frames that was evident on the previous restoration DVD release ten years ago has been put right on the new edition and the missing frames replaced. If there had to be a reason for her "plunging to death in her luxurious Beverly Hills home," Mother seemed as good a one as any other.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment