276°
Posted 20 hours ago

THE RAVEN’S MARK an absolutely gripping crime thriller with a massive twist

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A stranger came into our home, strangled my mother to death and left me sitting alone with her body. What happened to my mum is the driving force behind every major decision I’ve made since . . . Christie, who graduated in BA Journalism in 2004, has suffered from a rare autoimmune disease which causes severe swelling and pain for most of her life.

Christie Newport overcomes decades of pain to Debut author Christie Newport overcomes decades of pain to

Christie is a mixed-race writer living in Northumberland. Since developing a rare illness as a child, Christie found reading and creating stories to be an escape. In recent years Christie has taken her writing seriously, honing her skills through courses and various brilliant opportunities. Writing crime and psychological thrillers set in her home city is her passion. The reason I chose Edge Hill was because I loved the community feel of the University. My years studying here were some of the very best of my life, particularly the social side of Edge Hill.” Beth was a flawed but likeable character. She doubts her abilities, even though she is a good detective, which made me root for her to come out on top. Her personal life is a bit of a mess, although she has an excellent support system of her Aunt Margie and best friend Millie. Beth still had a tough time dealing with her needy partner Yvette, who I really didn't like. Christie said: “I missed out on a lot of my education because I was in and out of hospital undergoing procedures, surgeries and various experimental treatments. I was pretty much bedbound for ten years.Meet Beth Fellows, a Preston detective haunted by her mum’s murder when she was only four. She’s a driven woman with a heart of gold.

THE RAVEN’S MARK an absolutely gripping crime thriller with a

A propulsive thriller with a flawed protagonist, a diabolical villain and enough procedural detail to make the setting life-like.’ Douglas Skelton The pain was excruciating to the point that I was put on copious amounts of opioids and was in intensive care frequently. My family have been told to say goodbye to me on numerous occasions but somehow each time I fought on against the odds. I decided I wanted to prove to myself, my family and the world that I could be more than my illness, and more than the world expected me to be.

Beth is no stranger to violent death. When she was four, she witnessed her mum’s murder. The killer was never caught and that injustice is what propelled her to join the police. Now everyone Beth loves is placed in the firing line as she goes head-to-head with a ruthless killer. It follows Detective Chief Inspector Beth Fellows as she is thrown into the biggest case of her career: a brutal murder which is linked to a cold case she investigated two years previously. The victim, fourteen-year-old Celine Wilson, survived but now languishes in a coma.

Debut author Christie Newport overcomes decades of pain to

Discover the most unputdownable crime thriller of the year. From Joffe Books Prize winner Christie J. Newport. The writing is so assured, the characterizations so rich and believable, the twisty storyline so gripping and unexpected . Christie Newport is definitely a star on the rise!’ Diane Chamberlain, New York Times bestselling author of The Last House on the Street Network, I can’t stress this enough. Follow people whose work you admire on social media. Find your place within the writing community, there will be information shared that will be invaluable to you and your writing career. Keep writing and improving. Don’t write the story you think you should– write the story you must.” Now Beth faces the hardest case of her career : Rose Danes’s throat is cut, her body discarded on a council estate. Seared into the teenage girl’s skin is the image of a raven. The Raven’s Mark is the most assured crime debut I have ever read, pacey, authentic and utterly gripping. I can’t wait to see what Christie Newport does next!’The writing is so assured, the characterizations so rich and believable, the twisty storyline so gripping and unexpected. Christie Newport is definitely a star on the rise!’

Christie Newport - Northbank Talent Management Christie Newport - Northbank Talent Management

Taut, pacy and gritty story that kept me guessing the whole way through .’ Philippa East, author of Little White Lies and I'll Never Tell Inspirational Edge Hill University Alumni Christie Newport has overcome illness to achieve her lifelong dream of becoming a published author. Christie’s debut novel is a gripping crime thriller called The Raven’s Mark and will be released on 30 November. The book is set in Christie’s hometown of Preston. I read the synopsis for The Raven's Mark and having not read either a police procedural or debut novel for a while; I thought I'd give it a go.Then Beth receives a mobile phone from the killer — with a warning that he will hurt those closest to her if she tells anyone.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment