276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Soggy Dollar Dark Caribbean Rum, 70 cl (1 bottle)

£9.25£18.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Instructions: Combine all the ingredients in your blender with ice except the orange slices. Blend until smooth and pour into glasses. Garnish with orange slices and serve.

Simply shake ingredients except for the nutmeg together and pour it into a tall glass filled with ice. If you’ve been there, you know many of the patrons come by boat and anchor just off the beach. To get to this Caribbean beach bar, they have to swim ashore arriving with wet dollar bills, thus the term “soggy dollar!” Instructions: Incorporate all the ingredients and pour the mixture into your glass. If desired, garnish it with oranges or cherries.

Caribbean Photo of the Week: The Blue of Eagle Beach in Aruba

First of all, a bit of libation history. The classic Painkiller drink is made with Pusser’s Rum and the birth of the drink is attributed to Daphne Henderson at the Soggy Dollar Bar in the BVI’s.

Overall it tastes quite young, 3 year old tops for this and I would suggest it likely has a high proportion of quite young column distilled rum either from Angostura or Cruzan. It’s not awful and it maintains a decent “rummy” profile, particularly with the woody notes but it isn’t hugely flavourful. Although 2 oz. is the standard amount of rum per serving, we prefer not to measure ours. Instead, we simply pour the rum about halfway up the ice.

My first sample was served to me by a smiling young lady in a beach bar at Jolly Beach on the island of Antigua. Sandra’s beach bar is a fun spot practically on the beach and the drinks are reasonably priced. Perhaps one of the most famous things from the British Virgin Islands, this Soggy Dollar painkiller recipe has been a popular drink for a long time. Originally made with Pusser’s rum, there are also hints of coconut taste. Honestly, how tropical could this one get? Straight from the Soggy Dollar bar. Though we should warn you, it could get quite addictive. Jump to: Instructions: Mix all the ingredients in your blender and blend. Pour into your glasses and garnish with fresh strawberries. The classic recipe for this painkiller drink combines Pusser’s Rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, and cream of coconut poured over crushed ice. The finishing touch is a garnish of nutmeg, preferably freshly grated. Take a few sips and your soggy sorrows will melt away!

Production details are limited, as Soggy Dollar is a blender, not a distiller, and the actual origins of these rums are unknown.

Best Painkiller Drink Recipe:

You can totally make this Painkiller recipe portable and pre-make a mix that is easily transportable to the beach. To do this, simply make Painkiller mix in bulk as instructed above, portion out the amount of mix you want to bring, and add your rum in advance. BEST Tip: Increase the amount of cream of coconut by another 1/2 ounce to 1 ounce for a little more flavor and texture. I personally think it makes a big difference! Since you’re making this at home, feel free to play with it to make your own recipe. At the Soggy Dollar bar, I was amazed to watch the bartender make Painkillers in an assembly line, finishing with a flourish of freshly grated nutmeg. Lava Flow combines the feel of Strawberry Daiquiri and Pina Colada—perfect for any occasion during the summer season.

When English bartender Daphne Henderson arrived on Jost Van Dyke — the smallest of the four main islands that make up the British Virgin Islands — in 1970, she found a stretch of pristine white beachfront that she presumably never wanted to leave. Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie. The Pusser’s Painkiller entered my life about eleven years ago on my first ever trip to St. John in the US Virgin Islands. They are the signature drink of the Virgin Islands, and you will find a version at virtually every restaurant and bar down there.

Consider this similar product...

The Dark expression is a blend of Caribbean distillates from Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Barbados aged in American oak casks. Sipped it’s a little rougher around the edges and it shows a fair bit of youth on the first sip. It’s fierier than the nose suggests with a slightly bitter edge to it and a fair hit of wood and oak spices. It has a slightly perfumed tastes as well particularly once the wood and fiery alcohol on the sip begin to fade.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment