276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Viviance 10pcs Exhaust Heat Shield Clip Nut Washers compatible with VW Golf Jetta Bora Caddy Passat Transporter Audi Seat Skoda Ford Focus Focus C - Max Transit Fiesta

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Basically the 1st time you have problems you have the option to undo all the fixings of the heat shield & just push/pull the shield to one side to move it enough to give the fixing nuts something to grip onto. I scraped out all the iron oxide rust and the hole in the heat shield is a circle, like it has always been that size. The heat shield looks in good condition. I've got some washers that will cover it though. Car exhausts work hard to protect the air and the environment from dangerous emissions. At Halfords, we have exhaust essentials, including premium parts, clamps and gaskets, and other accessories. We also supply OEM parts, including DPF sensors, diesel particulate filters, catalytic converters and Lambda sensors.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwjwvra2m7DkAhXIQUEAHdtmDGEQxa8BMAJ6BAgAEAY&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov Drinks Can(s) ( amount requirement depends on how many fixes you need to make - a can is good for 2 or 3 fixes depending on usage )The stud has a screw thread. So after initially pushing the washers on, can rotate them through one of the slots to tighten slightly. Motrio was created by Renault in 1998, to regain market lost to minor dealers and repair agents. The brand started in France and Italy, but then it extended its operations to Germany (1999), Spain and Portugal (2000). If you have already used method 1 & the rust bug has got hold once more or you just want to only fix the one point with minimal under the car time then this is the method for you. Just found this. The hole in heat shield is bigger. Like the heat shield has been pulled out over the remaining clip.

As for fitment, I guess they just push over the screw stud that is peeping out the heat shield, and has lots of rust on its surface? Simply get your drinks can ( or other material of your choice is similar ) cut out a suitably large piece of metal that will cover the hole in the shield & also plenty of the surrounding shield too. The first was my car’s AC system no longer appeared to cool the cabin. It was basically just blowing out ambient temperature air. This was accompanied by the fan speed being quite high most of the time. My car has the full, 2-zone digital climate control system and it usually is in “Auto” mode. I just manually tweak the set temperature. Usually the fan speed runs at speed 2 (as indicated by the LED segments in the dial). However, I had noticed that during hot weather days it was running at speed 3 most of the time and yet the temperature of the air coming out of the vents did not really feel that cold. Also, the cabin interior appeared to have quite high humidity. I also noticed hissing noises coming from behind the dash when changing the set temperature.the heat shield now has a big hole in it where originally it had a small hole for the retainer's stud to pass through All products unless stated are supplied via Renault UK and come with a 12 month Renault parts warranty from the invoice date. Basically the exhaust heat shield gets eaten away at the fixing points due to corrosion of the metal fixing nut used to secure it to the car & becomes loose, these methods basically give the fixings nuts new materials to hold up & stop the shield rattling. Motrio is a brand of automotive spare parts launched by Renault in 1998, covering both Renault/Dacia vehicles and other brands. The objective of Motrio is to propose an alternative range to Renault genuine parts. Motrio became also a multi brand network of repairers in 2003. Now your ready & can remove the Fixing nut & clean off as much loose material that you can from the heat shield/car.

The heat shield has two little tabs that retain the washer/clip. Bend them down slightly to remove old and fit new. They are a different type of part than the one used on the under bonnet sound proofing, so just buy some, but, be aware that in most cases, the original retainers will still be on the car but rusted up, and the reason that you are finding that the heat shield has fallen down is because it is made of some aluminium alloy kind of material, and these retainers are zinc'd steel - so that has started a reaction that has locally trashed the aluminium alloy material - and it has "gone" and the heat shield now has a big hole in it where originally it had a small hole for the retainer's stud to pass through. So that means that you will need to make up some thin metal disc patches/repair washers to cover these holes when you go to fit new retainers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment