276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Salewa MS Rapace Gore-TEX, Trekking & hiking boots Men’s

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I expect these to be a lighter and more comfortable alternative to a pair of old leather Garmonts that had fit the bill for many years, but that needed to be retired. This general boot style (lacing to the toe, rand, etc), Salewa uses on a number of their boots this spring. Maybe, if these fit, it's likely the other styles (e.g., hikers) based on the same platform may too...? I would highly recommend these boots for anyone looking for a pair of light summer weight boots though.

There are references to hiking and climbing in the specification and lots of high-end features to help wearers get the best experience possible. I love these boots. I've used mine intensely for the last three years and they are still good as gold. They are extremely comfortable and very lightweight. They fit my feet (I've got wide and flat feet) perfectly and don't even notice them on my foot due to their light weight. The Rapace GTX is a tough, beautifully made alpine trekking and lightweight mountaineering boot with superb underfoot comfort and flexible support for unrivalled comfort during long treks and arduous mountain days. It's ideal for alpine trekking, scrambling or via-ferrata and will accept semi-automatic crampons for a spot of winter mountaineering. The midsole is stiff enough to keep longer hikes comfortable and help with carrying bigger bags but also offers enough flex to keep the ankle grounded in the boot. I rarely feel entirely at one with bigger boots being a light build but these things are just an extension of my body. I’m hoping I can keep them going for a few more years.The glue between the rubber rand and he leather holds well. A known weak spot in many boots I've seen. One of the strengths of these trekking shoes is undoubtedly their lightness: with a weight of 1528 g, they guarantee a light stride and do not affect the load that the hiker has to carry, which also means less physical exertion. The leather upper with rubber detailing is sturdy and stable, while the slightly lower shaft compared to many models in the same category can be a pro or a con depending on one's needs and preferences: if, in fact, on the one hand it manages to provide less support, on the other hand it leaves more freedom of movement. Sole Characteristics

The Salewa Rapace GTX Hiking Boots have a lot of great features to protect wearers during various activities. One possible issue to keep in mind here is that this shoe is potentially a little tight over the top. One buyer says they may have been better off with a bigger size than normal. For items you would like to collect from our Grassington store, we will normally have your item/s ready to collect within 4-5 working days.

Our Carriers

As long as you get a pair that fits well and don’t have any of those immediate issues with the stitching, there shouldn’t be too many problems here. Unlike most, quite frankly pretty poor footbeds, Salewa's MMF footbed (multi fit footbed) gives you a comfortable and supportive main footbed and enclosed in the box is a second one which can be added to reduce the volume of the boot; this allows you to customise the fit depending on the volume and shape of your foot. This test will tell you if the shape of the internal heel cup matches your heel to ensure it holds you securely, especially when ascending steep ground. We are trying to eliminate the dreaded heel blister. These shoes tend to live up to their promises of protection for walking and climbing. While they may not be the toughest out there for mountain climbing, they are still pretty reliable with their durable materials and ergonomic fit. But let’s not dwell on what you don’t have, instead we shall teach you how to ascertain your size using some common household objects.

There is an ergonomic Salewa Bilight midsole for cushioning, a strong ankle support system, and good use of padding throughout. Overall, they have a roomy toe box, without being too wide, and they fit securely around the ankle with a nicely close-fitting heel cup. The fit would suit most people, unless you have very wide and high-volume feet. But remember, you can adjust the MMF footbed to fine tune the fit.So, there isn’t much to lose in giving these well-considered Salewa walking boots a try for your next adventure.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment