276°
Posted 20 hours ago

His Bride for the Taking: A Regency Romcom novella

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Even if you found him, reduced him to pleading at gunpoint, and brought him back to this chapel within the next quarter-hour, I would refuse.

Honouring the silent rules of friendship Sebastian, Lord Byrne, has kept his desires tightly leashed for years when it comes to his best-friend's sister the very tempting Mary Clayton, but when she is left waiting at the alter, Sebastian is damned if he will let her reputation be smeared, so he persuades her to marry him. Any images and covers will have a text description for the visually impaired enabled through their device's text-to-speech function and similarly, this complies with digital braille readers and similar devices. It’s been hard to keep his hands off of Mary because he’s always been a little bit in love with her but when she needs him to step up for her, he doesn’t hesitate.Mary is actually irritated by this as she is more than willing to enjoy marital relations with the man whose kiss sets her heart racing, and when she asks for a "goodnight kiss," things get hot and heavy until. It's like this is an idea draft of one of her novels that she had discarded and then later thought I'll publish it as it is!

I agree about novellas, but I don’t think this one is as strong as some of Dare’s other novellas, or her full-length books. He paced the floor of the chapel’s tiny annex, averting his gaze from the slope of her neck and the gentle curl of auburn hair that adorned it. Booklist magazine named her one of the "new stars of historical romance," and her books have been contracted for translation in a dozen languages.

This novella was originally published in Rogues Rush In: a Regency Duet (2018), by Tessa Dare and Christi CaldwellIt’s the first rule of friendship among gentlemen: Don’t even think about touching your best friend’s sister.

It might be squicky, but it I would guess it's more likely encouraged than not, especially if the brother is bestowing her hand. While ruthless prince’s addictive kisses give Alyse the hint of something more beneath the lie, scandalous headlines threaten to ruin everything! It’s the first rule of friendship among gentlemen: Don’t even think about touching your best friend’s sister. The fact that it doesn't feel like instalove because they've both been secretly in love with the other one for YEARS. For arguments sake, you may assume all books reviewed on this site were sent for review by one of the above mentioned (though the truth is probably somewhere closer to 70%).Meanwhile, a late-in-the-game reveal by Mary posits that she's been in love with him for years and years and kept it secret because of reasons or something but now she's happy to confess LOVE and FEELINGS. I am kind of slumping due to all the craziness happening in the world and this was the perfect little tidbit to keep my reading momentum going. Our hero steps in to save his secret love from the shame of being abandoned at the altar, and then they proceed to his (unbeknownst to him) horribly maintained vacation cottage by the sea. This novella was originally published in Rogues Rush In: a Regency Duet (2018), by Tessa Dare and Christi Caldwell It's the first rule of friendship among gentlemen: Don't even think about touching your best friend's sister.

Though Sebastian is angry that their retreat is not up to standards, they decide to make the best of it and stay for the night as it is too late to make it back to the nearest inn a couple of hours away.It’s a brother’s best friend’s romance and it was such a sweet romance that I wasn’t even mad that it was so short. May have some underlining and highlighting of text and some writing in the margins, but there are no missing pages or anything else that would compromise the readability or legibility of the text. Given that it’s a novella, and a short one at that, the couple resolve the inevitable conflict fairly quickly, and Dare even squeezes in an epilogue.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment