276°
Posted 20 hours ago

One Day With You: THE NUMBER ONE BESTSELLER

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Four POV — We meet two couples: Tress and Max Walker and their friends Noah and Anya Clark. Their lives change forever in the span of a few hours. Another aspect I liked was the age gap between Tress and Max. It wasn’t highlighted or used for the plot. It was what it was. ( Tress is older than Max by 6-7 years). Sigh...I expected a lot from this, but so far I only learnt that no one becomes happy except for one elderly couple in this book. That is it. And that life is only but one sad metaphor of existentialism. What nobody knows is somewhere out there Colm left messages for them that could set them free and allow them to start over once more. Can divine intervention help them out to locate Colm’s last wishes before it becomes too late to love again?

One Day With You | Shari Low

What happened in Weirbridge one day, happens in countless other places all over the globe….perhaps daily. I only hope, if it ever happens to me or to someone I love, that I can remember to forgive and move on. Noah Clark and his wife Anya seem to be having marriage troubles. Noah isn’t sure if he should share his concerns with his best friend, Max, until he can sort out his emotions. Soon, he uncovers a secret that shatters his heart and emotions. I knew what to expect when I requested the book. I wasn’t looking for a fresh theme/ topic. I was only curious to see how the author executed it. My only tiny gripe would be the way that one character’s evolution comes to fruition, in a way that I felt might have been too abrupt. I wanted to see more from the potential fall out with relationships–to see where things would go, to see how this character would deal with things going forward, but I didn’t get to see that. Despite it, though, One Day With You was an amazing and thought-provoking experience, with a lens inside of the human condition. It was a definite five-star experience!This was pleasant enough and a good read as you would expect from Shari Low. I guessed pretty early on what was happening, and to be honest there wasn't any attempt to prolong the suspense. My biggest issue is that I've read something very like this before, not totally but just similar. I'm not sure whether its another Shari Low book or someone else - okay I've looked at other Shari Low books I've read and it seems to be a motif of hers to bring together a group of people united by a situation in ways that only become clear later on, I've read One Last Day of Summer and that is probably what I was thinking of, although The Story of Our Secrets has a similar vibe. Jess, the first Mrs. O’Flynn. Her heart’s set on somebody new, however will the last one night stand that she shared with Colm return to haunt her? Nancy Jenkins, their outspoken and reliable neighbor is getting her hair done before meeting her first love at a reunion. But when Tress calls needing a ride to the hospital, she has a decision to make.

One Day With You: THE NUMBER ONE BESTSELLER Kindle Edition

My Thoughts: This book grabbed me from the first sentence through the end. Unique premise of this all takes place in a day. When Tress waves her husband off to work, she has no idea that she will go into labor and cannot locate Max. Max’s best friend, Noah, also has no idea that his wife, Anya, has been lying to him. Finally, the neighbor between the couples, Nancy, has the chance at meeting her first love again. You travel along all of these characters for a twenty-four period of life, some altering events, that breaths a sliver of hopefulness. The story is narrated by the various characters, Tress, Max, Noah, and Nancy, from their POV, which I loved. While there is a host of characters, their stories bleed together. You feel for some of the characters, dislike others, and yell at some of them. Tress and Noah go through heartbreaking events, while Nancy and Val keeps a lightheartedness in the story. The characters were well developed, with depth, some banter, full of emotion, and just creatively done. The author’s writing style was complex, beautiful, funny, deeply emotional, and kept me engaged. Thank you, NetGalley, and Boldwood Books, for the eARC. This review is voluntary and contains my honest opinion about the book. Nancy: Age 66. Widow. Lost her husband, Peter, of over 40 years, to cancer. School dinner lady, head of Neighbourhood Watch. There are bits of humor that may or may not be funny but do their job to lighten the situation. Tress, Noah, Nancy, and Val deal with different issues in their own ways, so the jokes kept things light when they go too heavy.Noah: Age 35. Paediatrician at Glasgow Hospital. Max's best friend since childhood. He just celebrated his 11th wedding anniversary with his wife, Anya. To summarize, One Day With You is a heartwarming read that handles multiple themes with a deft touch. I look forward to reading more by the author.

One Day With You, a review by Shelley – The Book Review Crew One Day With You, a review by Shelley – The Book Review Crew

Even the local scumballs were terrified of the woman who once caught a thief trying to break into her house and threatened to puncture his kidneys with her knitting needles if she ever saw him again. He was relieved when the police took him into custody. The combination of nocturnal predisposition and bills altered her course, and she opted instead for a career in hotel and nightclub management in Scotland, Hong Kong, and Shanghai. I love it when an author can incite self-investigation and cause me to re-evaluate my beliefs on a subject. Sometimes, a novel confirms my beliefs and other times, such as this one, I can see the value in a different way of responding.And living alongside the two couples, their recently widowed friend, Nancy Jenkins, is getting ready to meet Eddie, her first true love at a school reunion. Will Nancy have the chance to rekindle an old flame, or will she choose to stay by Tress’s side when she needs her most? MY THOUGHTS: I am really torn about this book. On one level, I loved it. I loved the drama, the tragedy, the love, the humour. On another level, I found it repetitive in many places, and occasionally flat. There were instances where I felt I was being 'told' instead of experiencing things. So as much as I would like to say that the addictive writing and wonderful characters, plus emotionally tinged plotlines got me - they only did for the first half. Rest of the half was spent debating whether I should hurl myself out of this room and into a cave to cry and be frustrated for forever, or throw the book into outer space.

Shari Low (Author of One Day With You) - Goodreads

At the same time, Max’s best friend Noah Clark said goodbye to his wife, Mya, blissfully oblivious that he would soon discover the woman he adored had been lying to him for years. When Nate and Liv walked up the aisle, she knew that she was marrying the one, her best friend, and soul mate. Six years later, it just feels like friendship and routine is all they have got left in common. What happened to the excitement, fun, the love, and lust?Anya: Age 34 - Sales director at Bralatech. Married to Noah. She met him on the first day at Glasgow University. Shari always harbored that writing dream, and eventually acted on it once she hit thirty, had a mid-life crisis, and wrote the first three chapters of her book “What If?”. She shipped it off to two agents and five publishers and just crossed her fingers. I did get the emotional aspect of the book, the realism as well, but the stupid decisions I did not, and some of the ignorance the characters held about the people they knew. My first book was published in 2001, and since then I’ve gone on to release over 35 novels, so I owe a huge thanks to all the readers, reviewers and book bloggers who continue to read my work and keep me in a job! I requested a digital advanced readers copy from NetGalley and Boldwood Books and providing my opinion voluntarily and unbiased.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment