276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Depressive Illness: The Curse Of The Strong: The Curse of the Strong (3rd Edition)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm still struggling, but with the help of this book and some insight, I hope to not only get through this depression, but come out of the situation stronger and in a better place and with a mindset that will prevent me from ever getting into this position again. Psychiatrist Tim Cantopher's book is one of the most motivational self-help books I have read, and has got my 2018 goal to improve my mental health off to a great start. I found the very clear, concise, direct style extremely helpful, especially as there are so many conflicted opinions and a lot of personal guilt surrounding depression. For example, this can include the mother who raises three children, has a full-time job, and is expected to ensure the household runs smoothly. In time she will function well and will be productive and responsible. She will feel it is her duty to be everything to everyone and will be expected to fulfill this role. Over time, she will not take care of herself, and in the end, the stress will build until she collapses into a dark state with little drive and desire to help with anything. The family will criticize her, tell her to snap out of it, and guilt and shame her, thus making the problem worse. Medication and Psychotherapy No you haven't, so stop making things worse with your ill-informed advice. If you really want to help, try to understand that sufferer of this illness is going through torment of a pretty awful kind."

The Curse of the Strong: Helping Depressive Illness: The Curse of the Strong: Helping

The Strongest Curse is a 6-star unit based on the character Ryomen Sukuna, more specifically his appearance from within Yuji's mind from the series Jujutsu Kaisen.Many therapists have previously classified Depression as a psychological condition unrelated to biological components. Most considered depression as a product of the mind, by which medications and brain structures had no part. This viewpoint is now being abandoned and upgraded to a condition that is mostly medical by nature. Dr. Cantopher describes Depression as the burnout of the Limbic System contained within the brain. This system is responsible for the stabilization of mood and is linked to the feeling of pleasure, memory, and appetite. In Dr. Cantopher’s model, Depression (especially stress-induced Depression) occurs when someone pushes themselves beyond most physical means for extended periods of time. As Depression is a medical condition, there are medical treatments, mainly medications, that are beneficial for treating depression. Most of these medications increase the amount of Serotonin in the brain, which helps the Limbic system repair itself. Dr. Cantopher describes numerous medications, their benefits, and their most common side effects. Dr. Cantopher also goes into herbal treatments and mentions Electroconvulsive Therapy as a treatment reserved for the most severe cases of Depression. Anyone who has ever suffered from this illness will appreciate the approach of this book. It allows for reflection and it offers up more advice and support than I could ever have hoped for. If you find yourself faced with well-meaning but desperately clueless folk, or a therapist who pushes you too hard, too soon, or friends and family who want you to 'pull yourself together' - READ THIS.

Depressive Illness: The Curse of the Strong: Cantopher, Dr Depressive Illness: The Curse of the Strong: Cantopher, Dr

This book explains what happens in stress-related depressive illness, and presents effective ways to get better and stay well. Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2021-07-07 09:01:17 Boxid IA40170211 Camera USB PTP Class Camera Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier The central contention of the book is that depressive illness brought on by stress is not a condition that afflicts the weak or disengaged. It is instead an illness that afflicts the strong & engaged. In essence you have to work long & hard to get it. You have to be able to blow your system up as a result The short chapters mean that the book is easy to dip in and out of. Depressive Illness covers a lot and doesn’t waste a single word. Clinical depression is not a psychological or emotional state. It is a physical illness. Clinical depression is every bit as a physical a condition as pneumonia or a broken leg."

Before reading this book, I’d tried many CBT-based self-help books with practical exercises to complete. These were very helpful on one level – challenging negative thoughts makes a huge difference – but on another level they just fed into my perfectionism issues. I always felt like I should be doing more to fight against my depression. I pushed myself too hard and it was a vicious circle. Since reading this book I’ve completely changed my approach to depression. It’s a wonder that anyone can be so strong for so long. This approach is very empowering for the individual with depression and very true to real life. It is often those that just keep going, those that are there for everyone else who eventually burn out and find themselves in the unpleasant land of clinical depression. If you have depression, don’t blame yourself or wonder if you and God have somehow failed each other. Mental and emotional health issues strike the strongest of us. King David led a nation – yet wrote some of the Bible’s bleakest laments. Naomi experienced deep emptiness and bitterness following devastating loss, and Job longed for a death that would not come.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment