276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Year at the Chateau: As seen on the hit Channel 4 show

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have been watching Escape To The Chateau since it's inception and have watched the chateau take on a whole new life.

and they just happened to fall in love with a 19th-century fairytale château, complete with 45 rooms, seven outbuildings, 12 acres of land and even its own moat!I’ve thoroughly enjoyed being there with them as they brought each and every room into the 21st century. The book itself is wonderfully written, with witty anecdotes, fabulous recountings of this remarkable renovation, and the surprising addition of Dick describing his cooking (which sounds beyond amazing to me) it was the icing on the cake and now I want to try mussels. How the had the energy to do all this work and prepare for their wedding with two little children in tow is amazing.

It actually makes me think of how my husband Paul and I also differ sometimes in how we react or tackle a situation. And not from a script but Angel and Dicks own opinions on how work and life progressed on the move and building work. We're always happy to answer any questions or queries you might have, please get in touch using one of the methods below.Just recently I spent time again in the tiny charming Place de Furstemberg in Paris with its romantic lamp posts and elegant boutiques.

We’ve been enjoying Christmas and a traditional Boxing Day in Sydney at my sister’s beautiful new home feasting on food, watching the cricket and then start of Sydney to Hobart yacht race before dashing to the cliffs to watch the racing yachts sail past. The journey from starting with an empty beautiful shell of a building to the final fabulous home they create is inspiring and uplifting, and immensely enjoyable to follow. I raised the question with Better World Books and although they could not supply a hardcover version they were extremely generous in making up for the descepency.Along the way we’ll read glorious descriptions of rural life in France, with charming characters, delicious food and wonderful seasonal produce, together with the extraordinary list of renovations and restorations Dick and Angel completed, many of which were not shown on TV. Watching their children Arthur and Dorothy grow and the whole family thrive has been an absolute pleasure, you can see the love they have for each other and come across really well. Throughout A Year At The Château, the dark bold text is Angel telling the story and the normal text is Dick. Along the way we’ll read glorious descriptions of rural life in France, with charming characters, delicious food and wonderful seasonal produce, together with the extraordinary list of renovations and restorations Dick and Angel completed, many of which were never shown on TV.

While the show may have made it seem like everything happened for a reason (that fabric wallpaper in the tower comes to mind) this book tells all of the behind-the-scenes moments and it was anything but easy. Irreverent, witty and emotionally charged, Long's rollercoaster ride zones in with exquisite precision and perception on the dreams, despairs and dilemmas of all middle-aged women getting ready to say a final goodbye to their youth and looking forward to new beginnings. He is a man of many interests, some of which are reflected in his successful and varied television career.PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment