276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Humax DTR-T2100 500gb BT YouView Recorder Unit (Dual Tuner)

£64.5£129Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Correct, but the encryption/decryption is effectively transparent to the user (and I admit to being a bit blasé about it). I don't want sales/sport/religion/children's/motors/homosexual/dating/foreign news channels cluttering up my menu system. It started ok, went to M mode, I chose the top setting and bingo, box worked AND kept all my recordings. The full raft of Sky's catch-up channel services aren't available here, so no Entertainment package for those American aces such as Game of Thrones, for example. There is also the DTR-T2100 non retail version that would have been supplied by BT in a plain brown box, but otherwise the same, and also working with any broadband provider.

Can the hard drive be removed and dropped into another DTR-2100/2110 box and still work with recordings intact?As you'd expect, the broadcast Freeview HD TV comes in via the aerial and then you have a choice of connections for output. He has been a technology journalist since 2008 and has covered the rise of Android and reviewed just about every important device along the way.

Unless you’re right next to the box, this is inaudible, so it’s ideal for bedrooms as well as the living room or kitchen. The main issue that some have had is attempting to use tools that recognise EXT files but can't handle XFS formatted partitions. But the fact remains that YouView could have done more to preserve our recordings in the event of box failures - still could, actually - but the will has never been there. Used these instructions to install a 500GB Crucial MX500 solid state drive in place of the original Seagate Mechanical drive in a BT TV box and it all worked correctly.However, the YouView platform is still the same, so whether you have the new box or old one it won't make a difference to what you can watch. There are additional services outside of the free catch-up TV services that BT also adds to the mix. The apps are also very slow to the point that we don't really bother with them, as our LG TV already does all of them and is much quicker. We've used the BT-supplied Powerline adapter for the Ethernet connection too, which works well enough for most of the catch-up services.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment