276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bow Before the Elf Queen

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I haven’t even touched on the glorious world building this book had. I can’t believe this is indie published because the quality of writing and level of detail was magnificent! Book Genre: Adult, Fae, Fairies, Fantasy, Fantasy Romance, Fiction, High Fantasy, Magic, Retellings, Romance, Young Adult The horse’s hooves patted quietly on the soft ground of the forest floor. “One day you’ll be in love with me." »” This book was an roller-coaster of a read! It was an epic adventure from start to finish. The world-building continued to enthrall and amaze me, we saw new places and creatures. We meet new friends and foes are introduced along Layala and Thane’s journey. You definitely get a lot more plot development this round and I think justice was done to both characters being able to see them separate (which was so emotional) and together. Layala has so much growth in this book, she gets a better chance to really find herself and her place in this world, Thane continues to be all in his glory and badassness stubbornness as he lays down that no matter what that Layala is his. I loved those intimate moments between them, but I was hoping for some more spicness, I feel like this book could be labeld as upper YA. It was interesting to see the connection between the two of them grow, despite no loner having a mate bond, and it showed they don't need it to feel for each other.

Bow Before the Elf Queen by J.M. Kearl, Paperback | Barnes Bow Before the Elf Queen by J.M. Kearl, Paperback | Barnes

Layala and Thane had a complicated relationship - she has been brought up to believe that he would steal her freedom, whereas he has spent his time doing what he can to protect her from afar. They had such great banter, and seeing Layala slowly let down her walls and learn about Thane's true character. Thane is patient and shows her again and again that he is not out to hurt her, we love a secret cinnamon roll. Layala's powers are completely badass, and I'm excited to see her use them more. They started as enemies, we can see the change in pace with each interaction. While Layala is determined to hate Thane for eternity, she comes to realise that what she heard about him while in hiding might not be the whole truth. I really liked them together, while the slowburn was a bit longer than I wanted, we rewarded in the end. I'm looking forward to see them together in book 2 and see how their relationship progresses. I am mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically unwell. I knew this book would take me on an emotional rollercoaster. But instead, I was completely blown away. Long Live the Elf Queen by J.M. Kearl does NOT have second-book syndrome. And in my opinion, it may even be better than the first (which I rated just as high). This book had be gripped from the prologue! This was an amazing c high fantasy story with a stubborn, mouthy, curse-fueled female protagonist and a mate who would burn the world for her. Like seriously, if there was one thing that was clear, he would destroy anyone for her. The world building was beautifully done. The pacing and plot had a flow that made sense. The whole adventure and love story was just an addictive read. The side characters were entertaining while not overtaking the main storyline. So many amazing tropes:She also became really irrational and the stupid plot about her ex and her powers became a tiring excuse of creating “””angst””” and not let the main characters be together after the first 25% of the plot. Stuff like the stone and looking for the dragon shifter sorceress never paid off or made for filler and a boring time. I’ve felt like I’ve known you for as long as I can remember. And maybe it was because of our mate bond but sometimes I feel — more. I would find you in every life, in every realm. I will be drawn to you for eternity. So yes, call me your mate. I will always call you mine.”

Bow Before the Elf Queen: The Elf Queen, Book 1 (Audio

The book comes with a fair amount of disclaimers that I want my audience to be on alert too: #violance #war #steamyromance #moralygrey characters. I absolutely loved this story and couldn’t put it down. The banter was great between the MC’s. I think Thane is my new book boyfriend. He’s such a gentleman, err, gentleElf?!I love seeing how much both Thane and Layala have grown both together and separately from the first book. She is a queen in every sense of the word! I was surprised your aunt didn’t know who I was right away given that she knew him.” “She’d been drinking ale,” Layala murmured. “Why would you think I’d be willing?” He stared at her with those emerald eyes he spoke of, face unreadable. “I thought… never mind. I thought wrong, so it doesn’t matter.” Layala was already the most beautiful, the strongest, the most skilled. She didn’t ever really seem to grow and learn. She even told Thane “I don’t need you to teach me anything” after he beat her during training. I hate characters like that. They need development, they need to be put through stuff that changes and impacts them. But even almost dying never did anything to her. War and seeing dead people never even really made her lose sleep for a night. If book one was an epic romance, book two is an epic adventure(still romantic of course). We deep dive into the history and events leading up to the current state of Palenor. I couldn't put this book down and devoured it.

Bow Before the Elf Queen Download - OceanofPDF [PDF] [EPUB] Bow Before the Elf Queen Download - OceanofPDF

But if you want to stay, I promise I’ll love you so fiercely that they will write sonnets about our love. I will tear this world apart for you, I will fight until I have nothing left to give and destroy anyone who hurts you, and I will guard your heart most of all. Just, please, wake up.”Love was a powerful force. It could not be bought. It could not be taken or stolen. Although sometimes it must be fought for, it must be given freely. Trying really hard to make the ‘knife to the throat’ trope but was so forced and cringeworthy. Just no. I can’t. I got major A Deal with the Elf King vibes from this book. Also some obvious LotR rip offs with a bit of ACOTAR mixed in. Made it feel fairly unoriginal. Layala is a badass. It took her entirely too long to get with the program but I loved that she was strong, brave, and willing to evolve.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment