276°
Posted 20 hours ago

'Ast Thee Got Wun With Chayze? Why, Why Why, Stoke City - Ten Years of The Oatcake Fanzine

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But it is a bit of a numbers issue for the central striker when we're down to possibly playing Haksabanovic there, with no real history of it. In normal circumstances evidence linking an event with a phrase having a 900 hundred-year pedigree would be persuasive. Unfortunately, there's nothing apart from local folklore, which is always present when locals lay claim to a phrase, to link the phrase to the town or to the Shrovetide match. After all, the phrase isn't 'a local Ashbourne'. Certainly seems to be enough there for one of Neil's 'educated gambles' on a free, but some red flags too The actual source is more prosaic. The Derby is the name of the premier horse race in England and the contest was founded by the twelfth Earl of Derby in 1780. Since at least as early as 1840 'derby' has been used as a noun in English to denote any kind of sporting contest. A local derby is just a sporting contest between local rivals.

It’s a difficult situation for us [to talk about] because we know previously they’ve had a pretty firm wage cap they’ve been reluctant to go over…we don’t know if the [prospective] new ownership might have a different policy or a different number. Is he a player you think it’s worth pulling out the stop to keep if you can keep him?” With the way we were making multiple bids for Thomas-Asante, Neil clearly thought it was an important gap to fill for precisely this type of game - as Mmaee had already been injured for three weeks at that point and we must've known it was likely to linger, leaving Wes, the only other real number 9 available, who offered next to no pressing, something that he's always based his teams on.

Aug 16, 2019 18:00:38 GMT somersetstokie said:With tomorrows match with Derby in focus I was interested to know if it does in fact qualify as a derby match. I went to school near Wolverhampton and at least 80% of the pupils were Wolves fans, with a handful of Stoke, Villa and Baggies supporters, and I would always consider the "Staffordshire Derby" between Wolves and Stoke to be THE local Derby. Interestingly, according to the AA, it is 33.3 miles from the Bet 365 Stadium to the Molineux and 35.2 miles from Stoke's ground to Pride Park, so the "local" fixture is indeeed v Wolves. Early uses of the phrase referred to football (soccer) matches and the first printed citation appears to be the Daily Express, October 1914: Totally agree, the results and confidence is not good but please tell me how many points you think we should have now and why, for me we have started exactly where we left off last season and nothing in the close season has given me any hope that this season will be different.

A place to remember Stokies we've loved and lost. Please note that threads from the main Stoke City FC board will be moved to this board, you cannot create threads here. With tomorrows match with Derby in focus I was interested to know if it does in fact qualify as a derby match. I went to school near Wolverhampton and at least 80% of the pupils were Wolves fans, with a handful of Stoke, Villa and Baggies supporters, and I would always consider the "Staffordshire Derby" between Wolves and Stoke to be THE local Derby. Interestingly, according to the AA, it is 33.3 miles from the Bet 365 Stadium to the Molineux and 35.2 miles from Stoke's ground to Pride Park, so the "local" fixture is indeeed v Wolves. I think as good as he’s been, probably it’s the right decision to let him go if I’m honest, but I do completely concede that it wouldn’t surprise me if he went somewhere with the right manager and was one of the best players in the Championship next season. I still don’t think that would make it the wrong decision for him to go though.” I’m a fan of his but with a caveat that he clearly needs a certain set of circumstances around him to flourish. Please don’t think I’m damning him by saying that, some players are like that – lots of players are like that. Gazza was like that. But I’m just not sure Town can offer him those circumstances for two years.So wheres the fault, who made the decision, who decided that last season was good enough to warrant the supermarket sweep transfer window, who sanctioned the current set up, who is steering the stoke city titanic hitting every iceberg the football World can put in our traumatic path. But then I also think….he’s been at the club for four years, and I know they signed him from non-league as a youngster so obviously he’s taken time to develop, but ultimately he’s had about seven good months in four years while he’s been at Huddersfield, and I include his loan spells in that…obviously he spent half a season injured as well. www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/josh-koroma-contract-situation-prompts-26913461 I think you're probably right with the three we'll end up with tonight, unless we just roll the dice one more time with Gayle, who is quite busy for all his faults, and did okay in several impressive away games. It used to be a good rivalry, particularly if you're from Uttoxeter or Burton way. But in recent years it's pretty much tailed off, mainly because we've barely met each other for most of the last 25 years. I don't know the figures for how many meetings recently but I'm pretty sure that since they got promoted to the Premier League in the mid 90s we don't seem to have met very often. They had the ascendancy over us from the mid 90s through to the early 2000s. Then we met again for a brief few years in the mid 2000s before they got promoted for that ill fated 11 points season and then we went up and stayed up for a decade while they have never returned to the top flight. When there are so many gaps between the fixtures the intensity inevitably dies away.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment