276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Legend of Podkin One-Ear (The Five Realms)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It starts with `the bard' going to Thornwood Warren on Bramblemas Eve. The bard is a travelling storyteller. He begins to tell the young rabbits the `true story' of Podkin One-Ear. It was Bramblemas Eve when the Gorm (the baddies) came toMunbury Warren. The wanted to take Starclaw ( a dagger which was a gift from the Goddess). Podkin's father, Lopkin, defended the warren againstScramashank (leader of the Gorm). Podkin, his sister Paz and younger brother Pook, all escaped with the help of their Aunt. They guessed that their father had died, though weren't sure what would have happened to their mother. They could only hope that she had been taken prisoner and not not killed also. The 3 youngsters wandered on, and after a run in with some Gorm riders, met a witch in the woods. The witch, Brigid, had been expecting them, and though the Gorm were just behind them, when they entered her home, there was spells that would help keep them hidden. Attach the eyes on either side of the hood of the hoodie with some hot glue, safety pins or staples. An adult will need to help with this part – be careful!

Tie the red fabric around the child’s head and estimate where you would like to place the brown paper ear. We chose all of the words that we thought would best describe him. Then we justified our choices using conjunctions. Clever eh? Surprisingly, the thing I like most about this book is actually the way it’s told. It’s told by a travelling bard like in the good old days, someone who goes from village to village to tell his stories. It’s such a small, insignificant and seemingly unimportant detail but it definitely elevates the experience as a whole for me. It gives this story such coziness and warmth, like you’re not reading a book but rather being told a bedtime story by a cozy campfire under a star filled sky. And I love it when a story has the ability to make you forget that you’re reading a book.Most of my favourite children’s books feature animals with human traits ‘Watership Down’ ‘Mrs Frisby and the rats of NIMH’. Podkin is the son of a warrior chieftain. He knows that one day it will be up to him to lead his warren and guard it in times of danger. But for now, he's quite happy to laze around annoying his older sister Paz, and playing with his baby brother Pook. This is as far as we have got. The next chapter is called `The Battle of Camp Gorm'. We aren't able to share any more of the story. This really would be a spoiler. So if you really want to know how the story ends, maybe ask one of our Year 4 children. Or, buy the book -it's great. Podkin, Paz and Pook must somehow travel through the wolf-filled forest and discover a way to convince their mean uncle to let them have the bow. If they fail, the whole rabbit world is at stake. Illustration by David Wyatt Uki & the Outcasts

To be Patch, heroine of Judith Eagle and Kim Geyer‘s seafaring novel, The Accidental Stowaway, you will need a red dress and some red ribbon to add to the end of Patch’s long plait. Mia from Mia and the Lightcasters I had a rabbit as a first pet, when I was about nine, and this book has made me see these creatures in a different light. It's definitely a book to stimulate the imagination. Couldn’t move. Suddenly, he felt a searing pain in his ear. Yes, you guessed it -the portcullis had pinned him by his ear! In desperation, Paz used Starclaw to cut him free. This meant cutting his ear off. They ran off into the woods. In the letter from their mother told them that Starclaw was one of 12 gifts given to the 12 tribes -it had special powers. It could cut through anything except iron. Iron was what the Gorm had developed into armour and weapons. As they escape, Paz and Pod realise that their Aunt had helped them escape with Starclaw (the dagger). However, the Gorm know this and give chase. After capturing Charice, there is only one spirit left for Uki to find: Mortix, the most dangerous of all. With his friends Jori, Cole and Kree, Uki heads to Eisenfell – the greatest city in Hulstland – only to find that Mortix has taken control of Emperor Ash and is plotting to conquer the whole Five Realms with her terrifying army.

Follow us

The Gift of Dark Hollow was nominated for the Carnegie Award 2019. Illustration by David Wyatt The Beasts of Grimheart Uki’s tale continues! Along with his friends, Jori, Kree and Mooka, Uki must venture into the mysterious Fenlands to capture Charice– the spirit of plagues and diseases– before she can spread her poison everywhere. Illustration by David Wyatt Uki & The Ghostburrow We also found Dark Hollow -which we now know (because we read it today) that this is the place where Crom (the blind warrior) used to live. For more stories of animals fighting evil see Brian Jacques's Redwallseries or Robin Jarvis’s equally thrilling Deptford Micebooks.

I found the book to be fairly fast-paced, atmospheric and poignant in scenes. I do especially like Podkin, and his character. Although, I feel like there wasn't much depth to his character and the reader would enjoy hearing more about him and his past. The theme is incredibly dark in parts, which made the story rather creepy. I loved this element though.Podkin Jednouhi legendarni je neustrašivi zec o čijim junaštvima i podvizima priče kruže i zdušno se prepričavaju u svih Pet kraljevstava.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment