276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mount Gay Barbados Golden Rum XO 70 cl Gift Set, Triple Cask Blend

£14.555£29.11Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A márka, majd a lepárló eladásakor is ezt az irányt követték. 1989 óta a Rémy Cointreau a márka tulajdonosa, ami azonban nem jelentett kizárólagos tulajdont a lepárló rumjaira. Így tudott a Mount Gilboa márka is 2014-ig működni, ekkor azonban a Rémy Cointreau megvásárolta a lepárlót és vele az összes rumot is. The nose is delicious in a bounty beach kinda way, with lots of roasted coconut, vanilla, light charred oak spices and caramel. It really invites you in. Jól sikerült az XO kiadás felújítása Trudiann Brankernek, példaértékű blendet alkotott. Mindenképpen érdemes megkóstolni, mert egyrészt újabb gyönyörű példája a már annyit méltatott tiszta és őszinte rumnak, valamint az árkategóriában is elég erős versenyző. 20 ezer forint alatt elég jó vétel egy ilyen érett, mégis könnyen iható párlat. When creating this blend, Trudiann Branker wanted to focus on pushing the boundaries of rum making by incorporating casks not traditionally used at Mount Gay. She found Tawny Port casks to be the most interesting to work with this year, giving the pot and column distilled rums notes like almond and red fruit, typically found in Port. The result is a beautiful rum best enjoyed neat, slightly chilled with a piece of dark chocolate.

Vanilka, Dřevo, Citrusy, Koření, Skořice, Pomerančová kůra, Hruška, Lak, Lepidlo, Zelená jablka, Slaný karamel, Meloun I would say that this is a tiny bit “better” (or more to my tastes) than the previous Mount Gay XO. That said and as I’m sitting here really enjoying it – I’m not sure if it’s worth an extra point. Mount Gay XO Triple Cask Blend comes in the “flat” almost flask style 3/4 stubby bottle. The little details that were there with the previous XO are all present. The Barbados flag on the seal, a good quality wooden topped artificial cork stopper and the Master Blender’s signature. Which confirms Trudiann is responsible for this blend. Nose: Lots of woody and buttery notes complemented with a great balance of dried fruit and spices. It’s a sophisticated spirit with notes of gingerbread, lychee and toffee. This cookie is set by the provider Akamai Bot Manager. This cookie is used to manage the interaction with the online bots. It also helps in fraud preventions

What are recent discussions about this rum?

y solid rum, one which does sometimes fly under people’s radars. It is easily as good as R L Seale’s 10 Year and Doorly’s XO and to be fair thats not bad company to be in now is it? Each year, Master Blender Trudiann Branker continues a tradition of selective blending to create 1703 Master Select. Each release has a common style even though the taste profile will vary slightly from one year to another.

Der Mount Gay XO Triple Cask ist der direkte Nachfolger des XO Old Reserva. Im Gegensatz zum alten XO wird der neue XO nicht nur in Eichenfässern, sondern auch in amerikanischen Whisky sowie Cognacfässern gelagert. Das genaue Alter ist nicht bekannt. Mit 43% wird der XO in die klassische Mount Gay Flasche abgefüllt. Der Rum kommt selbstverständlich aus Barbados und ist daher ohne Zusatzstoffe.A Mount Gay rumok egyet jelentenek az elegánsan blendelt, kiegyensúlyozott barbadosi rummal. A lepárló hagyományosan blendeket kínál, de volt már tisztán pot still kiadásuk is. A lepárló és a márka külön vállalkozásként futnak az 1906-ban elfogadott törvény miatt, amely szerint lepárlók nem kínálhattak rumot közvetlenül a vásárlónak. Így a Mount Gay beékelte a Mount Gay Distilleries Ltd.-t, ami a lepárlóból érkező rumokat blendelte és értékesítette. In the glass the re is no discernible difference between the rums. They could be switched around quite easily and I wouldn’t have noticed. They are your standard aged spirit colour. Light and soft on the palate. The triad of barrels creates its own symphony of flavors. Caramel drips in rhythm from lightly toasted wood on a toast topped with tropical fruit, a leather pouch of fine tobacco drones on, and a bar of chocolate hums along. Further experiences are guaranteed.

I think I’ve exhausted all the information I have. Most of which is provided on the very informative bottle – hats off to Mount Gay for that as well. It is an honour to be at the forefront of the exciting changes that Mount Gay has seen in 2020, and I’m proud not only to be the first female master blender in Barbados but to be part of the team that is taking Mount Gay from strength to strength,” says Trudiann Branker. “I am wholeheartedly committed to embracing the expertise that we have inherited for over 300 years and am passionate about looking ahead as we combine both science and craft to explore what makes Mount Gay more than a rum.”

What rums have a similar taste profile?

Perhaps one of the most iconic rums in the world MGXO for short, has been a constant and readily available companion for the Barbados rum lover since it’s launch in 1992. As before Mount Gay XO Triple Cask Blend is presented at 43% ABV. It is a blend of Pot and Traditional Column (not huge industrial multi columns) rums. The age of the rums in the blend has been altered from between 8 and 15 years to between 5 and 17 years. So we have a mixture of older and younger distillates. I am unsure of the exact ration of each. As Mount Gay XO is a continuously av ailable product made to a particular flavour profile, it is highly likely the rums used in the blend will change over time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment