276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KOLEE BangBang Noodles Chicken Feel Good Flavour 65 g (Pack of 8)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As I got towards the end of the pot, it became very salty. Maybe that’s what the “add to taste” instruction was about, but who can be expected to add a bit here and there, and taste it as they go along to make sure it’s right for them? Life’s too short. The verdict

If you’re a true fan of instant noodles, you’d want your noodles to have a blast of flavours. Your noodles should have a decent amount of spice and shouldn’t taste bland. Although Instant noodles are convenient, not all perfect when it comes to taste. In fact, there are a whole bunch of factors to consider when buying instant noodles in the UK. Toppings can range from dry vegetables and meat to sauces and soups. Some sauces even come in the form of a powder. The really innovative instant noodles will comes with exceptional toppings such as bonito flakes, seaweed or sesame seeds. So, after an extensive review, we’ve taken the liberty to compile a list of the Best Instant Noodles UK.Anyway, the chewy, filling noodles of Ko-Lee are right up my street, the flavours are definitely Asian, and Ko-Lee even include a plastic fork, which is more like a trident, in every pot. So I do suspect they were produced for an Asian market where pot noodles are easily prepared at every convenience store or konbini to eat on the go. Otherwise instant noodles are prepared mainly at home in the UK with kettles/boiling water found right next to the knife and fork drawer. So it feels almost like Ko-Lee have just dumped a load of tasty Asian noodles into European markets and relied on the cheap and cheerful product to sell themselves. Why waste money on regional branding. The Indomie Mi Goreng Fried Instant Noodles are Indonesian instant noodles that offer a unique mouth-watering flavour. However, there are other brands with unique toppings and sauces that might take close to 10 minutes. There are some brands that even require you to cook the noodles separately before adding the toppings and sauces. Anyway, I go with itsu Satay Rice Noodles and I was genuinely surprised by the unlikely goodness of this pot noodle as the flat rice noodles and miso broth really bring a freshness to what is otherwise a junk food staple. The flavour of peanut sate is there as well, and while it’s not outstanding, it can easily be fixed with a bit of personal seasoning (salt, ground white pepper, and chilli flakes). These rice noodles are also gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and oddly there’s no mention of peanut in the ingredients so they’re probably fine for allergies. Good job Itsu!

Okay, there is an obvious pattern here in the top spots, where again the gluten-free rice noodles of Kobuto appear to be the ‘healthy’ option in the world of instant noodles. So if you want healthy noodles – go with rice noodles. Anyway, the branding is also similar to the ‘authentic Asian’ flavours, and, like Itsu, it follows a likely fictitious Japanese origin story of Samurai Master Crispin and his handcrafted recipes from his family kitchen. “With the skill, dedication and discipline of a Samurai warrior”. Similar branding, but cuter, and more anime/weeb-inspired. These instant noodles are fused with miso broth, herbs and spices to provide you with a unique and blissful taste. These Yakisoba-style instant noodles not only tastes great it also has a unique preparation method.Toppings are extremely important when it comes to instant noodles. Not only do they enhance the taste but they also contribute to the nutritional aspect of the dish. One of those sachets is actually split into two compartments – one for curry powder flavouring and one for chilli powder. It says “add to taste”, which suggests I have any sort of moderation or self-discipline. Bugger that, I added it all. Unilever Pot Noodles: Partly influenced by my passion for food tourism as Pot Noodles are the U.K’s equivalent to Japan’s Cup Noodles. With 10s of flavours to explore. And somewhere there will almost always be a reduced price/half-price offer going on Pot Noodles. These rice noodles are gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian. Apart from that, there seems to be no mention about any peanut based additives, so it’s safe to say that it’s probably fine for those with allergies.

Although preparing these noodles might be a whole lot faster than other instant foods, it also depends on the type as well. For example, some instant noodles can be prepared in less than 3 minutes. You get three sauces, special seasoning and fried onion pieces. All these seasonings definitely create a unique flavour which sets these noodles apart from the rest. The chilli sauce is quite spicy. So, if you can’t take that heat you can always limit the quantity or discard it completely. There should be notes of sour punch with sweet bits or spicy notes that make your instant noodles worth eating. These Indonesian instant noodles taste great. The Indomie Mi Goreng Fried Instant Noodles come with the most amount of extra seasoning sachets when compared to most instant noodles out in the market. This soupless fried noodle dish is best eaten with a fried eat. Like the original Mi Goreng.So, I shoved it all in, and then filled the hot water to the fill level, which was surprisingly low. The taste So given the questionable origins of Itsu I was happy to branch out to satay (sate), a common street food staple in Southeast Asia which has become somewhat of a generic term for barbecue meat skewers. However sate is probably better known for its sauce, a delightful spiced peanut sauce (Sambal Kecang) from Indonesia (or Malaysia if you’re from Malaysia). And personally I like my ‘sate’ to be less sweet or coconutty, and more hot and fiery and Sumatran style.

Anyway, I’m not certain why the brand is named “Asian Street Style”, but I’m guessing they’re inspired by the whole ‘authentic’ Asian street food fad that I admittedly buy into as they’re almost always more exciting than plain old Chow Mein. So I go with the Pot Noodle Asian Street Style Thai Red Curry, a staple of Thai cuisine that’s pretty much never found near street food outside of Khao Rad Kaeng curry canteens. But I’m always excited for anything curry, and I’m already thinking of more Thai curry flavours, like panaeng, and massaman, and how awesome could Khao Soi be? Unlike other instant noodles, this one has a unique preparation method. After you add the boiling water, you need to add a draining cap and drain the water once it’s done. While the majority of the instant noodles space is dominated by Japanese and Korean cuisines, you do find a few rare gems from the rest of the world.For those of you that don’t enjoy soupy noodles, popular instant noodle manufacturer Nissin has a fantastic alternative – the Nissin Soba Chilli Noodles. Again I play it safe with Batchelor’s Super Noodle Pot Curry, ‘noodles in a curry flavour seasoning with peas and tomato’. Unfortunately they are worse than I remember, given they’re kind of mushy, and messy, and a bit like baby food. They’re really just not my style of noodles. I prefer a bit of chew in my noodles. And even ground white pepper and dry chilli flakes failed to save them. They’re still good for the saucepan though.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment