276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Before Your Memory Fades

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Endearing reading and a fabulous characters that make us dream of the possibility of time travelling.

In a small back alley in Tokyo, there is a café that has been serving carefully brewed coffee for more than one hundred years. Toshikazu Kawaguchi’s touching Before Your Memory Fades, translated from Japanese by Geoffrey Trousselot, explores the age-old question: what would you do if you could travel back in time? The wonderful experience of a heartwarming book, in my case it was one story at a time, I didn't want to mix them up. Well I was relieved because I wanted to travel back in time to say something to a certain someone that I never got the chance to say. I also absolutely loved every single character, unlike Tales from the Cafe, which was a little bit more difficult in terms of my liking towards a specific character.This is the third book in the Before the Coffee Gets Cold series and like it’s predecessors it is book comprising of four tales about time travel once drinking a particular coffee in a particular cafe - this book moves events to Hakodate but with some familiar characters . His beautiful yet simple prose offer a moral on life at each part of the book, in a poetic and breathtaking way.

The other thing I didn't see coming was a fact that Yukari Tokita is happened to be the author of a One Hundred Questions book. More interesting than the second book of the series, but still very much the same story with identical themes and storylines.Nagare’s mother, Yukari who owns and runs the café is currently traveling, leaving Nagare and Kazu to fill in. The author has such a delicate manner of conveying such heartbreaking situations, and finding hope and closure at the end. Ho avuto inoltre un senso di fatica, troppi dettagli, troppe descrizioni, troppo saltare di palo in frasca in storie tutto sommato troppo simili e fra di loro e con le precedenti. In the latest book in the Before the Coffee Gets Cold series, the action moves from the small, hidden café in Tokyo to a café in northern Japan with a beautiful view of the harbour.

The other person might not be thinking anything, but there is a tendency to just assume what the other is feeling without reaching out and asking. Among some familiar faces from Kawaguchi's previous novels, readers will also be introduced to a daughter, a comedian, a sister, and a lover, each with something they wish they had said differently. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. I was a little perplexed by the move from the original Tokyo café though I felt that more was revealed about the process behind the time travel and the Tokita family’s involvement. This was actually better than I expected considering that many people were saying that this was the weaker book out of this series.We meet some characters we already know, Nagare and Kazu, along with Kazu's seven year old daughter Sachi. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Even though the time travel premise is the same in every “chapter”, each story feels fresh and unique while still moving the overall storyline of the main characters forward. When that happens the person gifted with the most precious thing will be able to fight on a little more. There were some repititivness in the story, and I would've liked to dive a bit deeper into some of the characters' emotions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment