276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Angelina Ballerina

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Angelina Ballerina is a children's book series by author Katharine Holabird and illustrator Helen Craig about a fictional mouse named Angelina Jeanette Mouseling who is training to become a ballerina. Ms. Chalk (voiced by Jonell Elliott) is a teacher in Angelina's class at school and can be both strict and fair to her pupils. Queen Seraphina (voiced by Adrienne Posta) is King George's wife and a childhood friend of Miss Lilly's who is the present Queen of Mouseland. When she was young, Seraphina was a prima ballerina. Revisiting this book as an adult was utterly lovely, and left me feeling bubbly-happy. The art was just as warm and charming as I remember, and I now know why I developed such an affection for The Sugarplum Fairy (Angelina’s dream sequence). I love this book just as much, if not more, than I did as a little girl. I actually didn’t remember the ending, and it was such a great surprise when I realized what it was! I think that’s an ending long-time lovers of this book can appreciate even more as an adult!

Angelina Ballerina is a British animated preschool children's television series, based on the Angelina Ballerina series of children's books by author Katharine Holabird and illustrator Helen Craig. The series is about Angelina Mouseling, a young mouse who loves dancing ballet, her family, and her classmates. Finty Williams performed the voice of Angelina and Judi Dench performed the voice of Miss Lilly. [1] Angelina Mousling loves to dance so much she even dreams of dancing but when she starts to dance herself right into trouble, her parents decide that it's time to ballet lessons! Soon, Angelina is dancing her heart away in class instead of through her neighbors' pansies. Problem solved. Everyone is happy and Angelina lives on to become a famous ballerina!

A 300-year-old oak tree has meant a lot to Angelina and her friends. When Priscilla Pinkpaw breaks her left arm from falling out of the tree, Mrs. Pinkpaws insists that the tree has to be removed forever. In response, Angelina and her friends attempt to save it, but by the last minute, the tree collapses by itself before becoming a wooden playground.

I first heard of Angelina Ballerina by Katharine Holabird through the animated series. We were in Bend, Oregon on a trip. Harriet was getting over a stomach bug and I was coming down with one. We were holed up in our hotel room eating take out and watching kids television. Harriet was just learning to walk at the time. I don't know if her first exposure to Angelina Ballerina made any lasting impression or not. This story is and has been a treat for many children, who not only dream of becoming a ballerina but have a passion they would love to pursue. Garden gnomes are being stolen in Mouseland. Inspired by Monty the Mouse Detective, Angelina becomes a detective. At first, she finds nothing, but she soon discovers that Mrs. Hodgepodge is secretly mending the stolen garden gnomes. Mrs. Pinkpaws (voiced by Jonell Elliott) is the mother of the twins Priscilla and Penelope and their baby brother who appears in some of the episodes. She speaks with a Southern accent and wears a lot of jewelry.Angelina brings Polly to school for her Show and Tell with Ms. Chalk. But on her way into class, Angelina loses Polly and she begins to worry. However, Sammy Watts manages to find Polly for Angelina just in time for Show and Tell.

The illustrations are still from Helen Craig and carry the love and emotion as Angelina Ballerina deserves. A little more traditional, they carry a beauty which is often no longer found in picture books and is sure to entice young listeners. I, myself, enjoyed flipping through them a few times and simply enjoying Angelina's story that way. Director of Madame Zizi's Ballet Mr. Popoff is seeking a replacement Sunbeam dancer. Madame Zizi chooses Henry over Angelina who becomes an understudy. Angelina gets a place on stage when another replacement is required.

Miss Quaver (voiced by Finty Williams) is Miss Lilly's nervous pianist, who plays the piano during dance classes. Miss Lilly chooses Angelina to be The Rose Fairy Princess, but Angelina is nervous about the flying stunt. Determined not to let Miss Lilly down, Angelina goes along with the stunt and overcomes her fear. This is a sweet book about a mouse that dances all the time instead of doing what she is supposed to be doing like cleaning her room or getting ready for school. When her parents give her an outlet for that talent and interest, she starts doing as she is supposed to do. Angelina loves to dance;so much so, that she forgets to clean and to get ready for school--so much so, that she even ruins her neighbors pansies in the process! So, her parents decide to buy her a brand new, pink ballet dress and slippers. This is the "Oh, Angelina syndrome"--she means well, ya know, she doesn't know any better. After she gets her brand new gear, Angelina attends dance class and is more responsible at home. She eventually becomes a famous ballerina.

All-New CG Animated Series For Angelina Ballerina". Animation World Network . Retrieved 13 December 2020. The first book in the series was published in 1983, and since then, there have been over 20 books in the series. The series is set in Chipping Cheddar, a place that is similar to 1920s London, and is inhabited by anthropomorphic mice. The name Angelina was inspired by an editor named Angela at Aurum Press. [1] As a child, Holabird was an avid reader who loved fairy tales and stories about heroic animals, and she frequently saw ballets like Cinderella and Swan Lake with her grandmother. The young, imaginative Holabird loved animals, playing in her tree house, and dancing with her sisters. In 1969, she received a B.A. in literature from Bennington College in Vermont and then worked at Bennington College as a literary editor for a year after her graduation. Holabird then found herself in Italy as a freelance journalist where she met her husband, Michael Haggiag. The two married in 1974 and moved to London where she continued to write and worked at a nursery school. Preparations for Queen Seraphina's visit are made. Disaster strikes when Louis and Maurice break the Queen's statue. Thinking Henry broke it, Alice and Angelina try to mend it. At the unveiling of the statue, Queen Seraphina is flattered. Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery - the approximate delivery time is usually between 1-2 business days.

Angelina Ballerina: The Magic of Dance (William the Conjurer, Angelina and Grandma, Miss Lilly Comes to Dinner, Angelina's Valentine) Angelina and Alice take part in a treasure hunt tandem race, avoiding the Pinkpaw twins' cheating attempts. As Angelina and Alice rescue the twins, Henry and William win the race. Angelina Ballerina is a story about a young mouse who dreamt of being a ballerina. Angelina would dance all over the house, forgetting tasks that she was asked to do, and making a mess of her mothers things. Her mother, Mrs. Mouseling began to see her dancing as a nuisance. Mr. and Mrs. Mouseling signed Angelina up for ballet lessons and she was overjoyed. She was so busy dancing in her class that she didn't feel like she needed to dance at home. From then on she went to school on time and did as she was asked. Many years later, her dreams came true and she became a famous ballerina. Miss Lilly has an exciting opportunity to take Angelina and her class to the Queen Seraphina's Castle for a grand performance, with Angelina as the director and Sammy in charge of special effects. Queen Seraphina also wants Angelina to let her daughters Valentine and Sophie participate in the dance, but Valentine and Sophie are not talented dancers and quite demanding. Things come to a head when the princesses' and Angelina's demands become overwhelming. However, the sisters realise their mistakes and make it up to Angelina and the rest of the dance class. The show commences wonderfully with a surprise appearance of Princess Phoebe. Delivery with Standard Australia Post usually happens within 2-10 business days from time of dispatch. Please be aware that the delivery time frame may vary according to the area of delivery and due to various reasons, the delivery may take longer than the original estimated timeframe.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment