276°
Posted 20 hours ago

From Nothing To A Little Bit More

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Lathums have landed their second No.1 album with From Nothing to a Little Bit More, narrowly beating out rapper slowthai’s Ugly. AM: “This was another oldie and goldie, but it never really got its chance to breathe. A lot of fans mentioned it being special to them, but it was forgotten about. It felt good to give people that and let the song have its time to breathe and just be. We loved the song, and we’d already lived with it for years, so it was nice to revisit it.” Full of little touches and flourishes which showcase their maturity, ‘From Nothing To A Little Bit More’ emphatically proves that The Lathums are here to stay. The Lathums have developed an album with sheer determination to make an impact, and they’ve certainly made a statement here. When listening on, the music will not disconnect you from your life or the world you know, but it will offer you a slender chance to dismiss oblivion. And over in the corner you may sit and wonder, feeling strapped to the darkness, totally drawn to the gloom, asking yourself, how am I getting out of this mess? Well, music like this has the power to aid you in such situations.

From Nothing To A Little Bit More - Album by The Lathums

Krol, Charlotte (27 October 2022). "The Lathums announce new album 'From Nothing To A Little Bit More', share single 'Say My Name' ". NME . Retrieved 11 March 2023. AM: “It’s like Lathums but in a ’90s hip-hop way. It was fun crafting it in the studio. It excited us, like, ‘What can we do now to make it better or make something strange? Where can we push these songs to?’” Lyrically emotive, running river deep for frontman, Alex Moore, yet audaciously stitched with stadium-sized guitars and brooding rhythms, the statement single found its voice with Jim Abbiss (Adele, Arctic Monkeys, Bombay Bicycle Club) in the album producer’s chair. In other news, The Lathums recently announced details of a huge outdoor gig in Manchester they’ll play this summer. On June 30, the band will headline the 8,000-capacity Castlefield Bowl in Manchester for their biggest headline show to date.

Maplethorpe, Dale (2 March 2023). "Album Review: The Lathums - From Nothing To A Little Bit More". Gigwise . Retrieved 10 March 2023. AM: “This was a very fun song to record. There’s a lot of melodies, and I know Scott had a whale of a time on it.”

The Lathums land second Number One album with ‘From Nothing

The Lathums announce new album, single and UK Tour dates for 2023". Radio X. 28 October 2022 . Retrieved 11 March 2023. In June 2023 The Lathums made their debut on the Other Stage at Worthy Farm, Glastonbury Festival for a 45-minute set with the crowd getting bigger as each song was played. [11] Musical style and influences [ edit ] As Moore, Scott Concepcion (guitars/piano), and Ryan Durrans (drums) stride into their emboldened early twenties together, artistic support and kinship has come from some unlikely, ‘pinch me’ quarters, including The Killers, with whom Moore sang onstage at shows in Vienna and Amsterdam, plus Tim Burgess, Paul Weller, Arctic Monkeys, and Louis Tomlinson. The record features the likes of “Sad Face Baby,” which captures a yearning to connect with others who feel lost, and “Turmoil,” the recent single that saw the band swap punky squall for tender balladry. Aroesti, Rachel (24 September 2021). "The Lathums: How Beautiful Life Can Be – hearty 00s indie revivalism". The Guardian . Retrieved 1 October 2021.Say My Name’ is a more recent song and, like everything we seem to do, has profound personal meanings. It’s a conversation with someone who has gone, with them speaking to the person who is alive, saying the things that they want to hear. In September 2021, the band released their debut album, How Beautiful Life Can Be, which featured remastered versions of previously released singles, alongside new songs. Copsey, Rob (1 October 2021). "The Lathums score Number 1 debut album with How Beautiful Life Can Be". Official Charts Company . Retrieved 1 October 2021. It’s the first, incendiary single to be lifted from their upcoming, second album: From Nothing To A Little Bit More, announced at the same time as the biggest UK Tour to date, including dates at Manchester’s Albert Hall and London’s iconic Roundhouse.

From Nothing To A Little Bit More - Apple Music From Nothing To A Little Bit More - Apple Music

AM: “A lot of the album is music for an individual—personal music—and we wanted something for everybody in the crowd to get behind, where everybody takes the song for themselves and the energy from everybody is just so good. We’re conscious about stuff like that now. We’re never selfish with it, we never wanted to keep it to ourselves. We always wanted to express it to people but now we understand that, at a show, it’s their time to have a laugh and have a jump around. You have to write a song that’s sat in that category.”

Belinda Says" hits me right in the feels every time. Molly's range from the first, quiet "moving to the country" part to her last word in "we'll start another life" takes me on a trip I never want to end :) Niko go to album

The Lathums Announce Second Album From Nothing To A Little

In April 2022, the band released Sad Face Baby, the last single to feature Johnny Cunliffe on bass before his departure in 2022. The band brought on Matty Murphy as a replacement, but was not officially dubbed as a member until January 2023. During the time of Cunliffe's absence, the band were a support act for The Killers. Moore got the chance to do a cover of How Beautiful Life Can Be with them on stage, with Alex on acoustic guitar and Brandon Flowers on co-lead vocals. [8] AM: “This is a gorgeous piece of music, especially if you take the vocals away! It was fun recording this because it was out of our comfort zone. I was very proud of us after we’d finished it because we’d never done a song like this before. We didn’t really know what we were doing with it at the beginning, but we kept at it and it’s become quite special. It’s of its own kin, there’s not many songs like it about at the moment. It gives us more confidence to express things in different ways.” Wolves, Warrington (6 February 2023). "Warrington Wolves - The Lathums to headline Super League season opener". Warrington Wolves . Retrieved 17 April 2023.THE KILLERS ft. ALEX MOORE (THE LATHUMS) - How Beautiful Life Can Be Wien, Stadthalle, 12.07.2022 , retrieved 1 February 2023 The Lathums return with their new single Say My Name and the announcement of their biggest UK tour to date, including dates at Manchester’s Albert Hall and London’s iconic Roundhouse. Say My Name is the first single from their upcoming, second album, From Nothing To A Little Bit More, out Feb 24th via Island. Lilting pop hooks and swooning psychedelic vibes power the Sydney band's latest EP. Bandcamp New & Notable Jun 10, 2020 go to album Now, as we approach the release of their second album, The Lathums show no signs of second album syndrome as they progress and mature from the 2021 record with a new lineup following Johnny Cunliffe’s departure. Matty Murphy joins on bass for the new era.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment