276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BABYLOVE: a spooky sapphic romance novella (BABYLOVE #1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Laura is named after her older sister, who died shortly after being born. Laura's older brother also died before he could leave the hospital, and he was named William, after their father. I was so invested in Laura's story that I couldn't and didn't want to put this book down. I loved all the characters and how even the supporting ones were sufficiently fleshed out. I cried not just for Laura but also for all the other girls. Shame about Nina and Daniel (both of whom I really liked) but at the same time, I couldn't see how Laura and their lives would fit together again after everything. Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Nina falls out with Laura over the smallest slight and isn't above playing emotional mindgames with her. But she's also an incredibly loyal friend and buys Laura things without expecting anything in return. She also keeps Laura's secret about being pregnant and later visits her and Heathcote House when no-one else ever has. so comforting to read jacqueline wilson! this was v good but the ending was a lil rushed for me - i wanted more about her being a mum! This stands alone as a great fiction book and should not be categories only as a young adult book in my opinion .

Baby Love by Robin Barker - 9781742613307 - Dymocks Baby Love by Robin Barker - 9781742613307 - Dymocks

Both Belinda and Jeannie take the younger Laura under their wing during her stay at Heathcote House. Be Careful What You Wish For: Laura doesn't know what she wants out of life, but she would like to be famous enough to be featured in newspapers. She is, but only because she became pregnant and gave birth at just fourteen years old. Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments

Select a format:

Love is...Animal Photo Album, Custom Unisex Baby Album - Holds 100 4x6 Photos - Great for Baby Shower Gift - Light Green Skipping School: Laura skips her lessons at Heathcote House a few times, though she notes that the teachers tend to turn a blind eye to it if one of the girls and her baby are leaving that day. Jacqueline Wilson's new book is just as brilliant as her others. Featuring a pregnant teenager named Laura in 1960, Baby Love left me feeling all kinds of things.

Baby Love Book - Etsy UK Baby Love Book - Etsy UK

Darkest Hour: Laura has to meet her social worker who wants her to give up Kathy for adoption and she's running out of time to find a way where she can keep Kathy and be able to raise her safely. Then aunt Susannah shows up to save the day.

Locations where this product is available

Potty Failure: Many of the pregnant girls end up accidentally wetting themselves when they're further along in their pregnancy and can't get to the bathroom in time.

Baby Love by Jacqueline Wilson | Waterstones Baby Love by Jacqueline Wilson | Waterstones

This generation was always remembered as so ‘stiff upper lip’ and trying always to do the ‘decent’ thing but it made me question, decent for who? As well as winning many awards for her books, including the Children’s Book of the Year, Jacqueline is a former Children’s Laureate, and in 2008 she was appointed a Dame. Reading Jacqueline's work again has really made me think about why we stop reading certain authors at specific ages. Wilson is considered a children's and occasionally young adult writer, so should we stop reading books that engage and comfort us just because we've 'outgrown' their age range? In the last year I've found a love for YA books and I hope this year I will rekindle my love for more of Wilson's work. One day, whilst out with her friend at the lido, Laura meets Leon and although she isn’t that interested in him, she does let him walk her home after a tiff with her friend. Leon ends up having sex with Laura, it’s a blurred line of consent as we realise Laura doesn’t actually know what is happening and is therefore never able to say yes or no. This a few months down the line leads to Laura discovering she is pregnant and as the blurb states, it ends up with her being sent away. Maybe it’s because it’s in England (or maybe because it’s a Jacqueline Wilson novel), she isn’t sentenced to a life of gloom in this home for expectant mothers, it’s certainly not the best but it isn’t the tales from those horrible Irish nuns convent. Laura comes across all sorts of girls here and they all share their tales and deal with the harsh opinions of older women and the realities of what having a baby this young can mean. Poor Laura ends up being coerced into having sex when she has no idea what's actually going on and her parents are furious on finding out that she's pregnant and send her away to Heathcote House. They don't visit her and then say that she can only come home if she gives her daughter up for adoption. Laura just wants to keep Kathy while almost everyone around her is demanding that she gives her up.

The story gripped me and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey Laura went through without having to think too hard.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment