276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Warhammer Underworlds: Beastgrave - Morgweath's Blade-Coven

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whirling Whip gives you access to Scything for Khamyss. Not bad but just quite situational and relies on Khamyss being alive. Anhil - Belleth - Cesse - Druthara - Faonora - Galene - Gryselle's Arenai ( Gryselle - Retaria - Kalexis - Thrialla - Traxya) - Krylla - Selendti Llyr-Xiss - Malekandra - Morathi - Morgwaeth‎'s Blade-coven ( Morgwaeth‎ - Khamyss - Kyrae - Kyrssa - Lethyr) - Rhaelanthe - Shadeborn ( Slythael Shadestalker - Drusylla Viserax - Sylarc Greyblood - Valyssa Umbrael) - Thaelire - Trisethni - Vhorskaya Morgok’s Krushas are simple, brutal and effective. If you have a Big Waaagh! or Ironjawz army, you’ll find them a solid alternative to Brutes, boasting effectively the same warscroll but with a smaller model count and points cost and a bonus for monster hunting. Use them to fill out those last few points in your roster when a full-sized unit of Brutes won’t fit, or when you want to maximise the number of orruk units you have on the field for the Ironjawz Waaagh! and Da Big Waaagh! command abilities. Upon inspiring Kyrssa gains a movement characteristic of 5 and a dodge characteristic of 2. Nothing else changes meaning she’s not a priority to inspire and a fighter I would deploy furthest away from friendly fighters, aka the fighter you deploy which you can’t really keep safe. If she can score some early damage with crits, that’s great. Otherwise don’t expect her to do too much.

Warband Focus: Morgwaeth’s Blade-coven - Warhammer Community

Catechism of Murder is faction Inspiration Strikes. I don’t actually think it’s needed if you play Morgwaeth’s Bladecoven correctly but it’s still a useful tool in their arsenal.Bloodbane Venom is amazing if you’re me. You have a 42.1% chance of doing at least 1 damage to opponent. For the brave or crit-empowered. It’s also a Poison card though which is a nice addition. Rerolls are good. I’d rather this be a Reaction, as it can end up wasted, but you have enough effects that trigger off of Crits that using this before an important Charge is excellent.

Blade-Coven (Warhammer Underworlds) - Rogue Games Morgweath’s Blade-Coven (Warhammer Underworlds) - Rogue Games

This would be really tempting in a world where Pit Trap didn’t exist, and might gain some interest once it rotates out. As it is, it’s a risky card with big payoff, but praying for Crits isn’t always the most reliable ways to get damage. There are too many restrictions. Against some enemies, this is amazing. But, it requires the enemy to be Range 1, it requires a dice roll, it requires you to not die…the only upside is that it can be used any number of times, unlike Gambits that have similar effects. Still, I think it’s not the best card for an Upgrade slot. Abundance of Caution is great if you like going on guard. Fairly decent but only for elite warbands. I am totally new to Warhammer Underwordls, but I have invested in Morgwaeths Bloodcoven. I have red through some forums and did also buy the cards of Rippas Snarlfangs.The plastic on mine seems the same quality as your standard GW kit as far as I can tell. Morgwaeth's spear is a bit fragile cos it's so thin, but I haven't noticed anything unusually brittle. Gotta have to learn how the game works. Which matchups are good for the Bladecoven and witch matchups are hard to win against?

Morgwaeth’s Blade-Coven : r/WarhammerUnderworlds - Reddit Morgwaeth’s Blade-Coven : r/WarhammerUnderworlds - Reddit

Test of Courage. How fare would you go for 2 glory? Amazing objective. Can score this with no damage taken if you flip feature tokens friendly fighters are standing on. Either way, it’s a great way for some reliable end phase 2 glory. A further 60 unique cards (only available in this set) to enhance your fighters and provide new tactics and challenges for your games of Warhammer Underworlds: Beastgrave, including: Incredible Agility. Shame it doesn’t work on Kyrae but she is movement 5. Still just very situational and you get more use out of mobility cards like Spectral Wings. Crimson Rejuvenation is a really nice healing aura card…on a warband with an average wounds characteristic of 2.I think this is excellent. Hold this, fish for Crits, get free Glory. Yes, you can’t spend it to get Upgrades, but Glory is Glory, and this is more reliable than something like Daylight Robbery. I can’t rate it 5/5 since it doesn’t directly impact the board, which is a hard sell for a Gambit card, but it is a strong inclusion for tiebreaking and winning games. Raf: Legitimately love this card. There’s probably some reactions out there I’m not remembering that shut it down but it’s going to fun apologizing to your opponent as you play it since they’re probably already annoyed you rolled a crit.

Warhammer Underworlds: Margwaeth’s Blade Coven Hot Take Warhammer Underworlds: Margwaeth’s Blade Coven Hot Take

I think this is bad. All your chumps will generally die the first time they’re hit, but maybe you want a bit of healing for Morgwaeth and Kyrae. In that case, Heal(1) isn’t particularly great, and I’d rather have other preventative defenses in place. At first glance, this seems great. It’s like a miniature Uncontested, and as stated, all you really have to do is park Kyrae on an Objective and push the rest off. But much like Uncontested, once they realize you’re running this, your opponent will be hoarding their Fighter Push cards to try and shut it down. Still, many games this will be a nice, easy 2 Glory score, and 2 Glory is a great thing to have. Power Cards Kyrae Inspired has her Heartseeker Bow go to 3 smash while also gaining Cleave on top of Ensnare! Her Sacrificial Knife goes to 3 fury and damage increases to 2 which makes her more formidable in close combat. Inspiring Kyrae is a great option if done via Morgwaeth’s Sacrament of Blood ability as Kyrae Inspired is a menace at ranged combat while still being a threat up-close due to her improved Sacrificial Knife. Morgwaeth’s Blade-Coven is a 5 fighter warband that consists of: Morgwaeth the Bloodied, Kyrae, Khamyss, Kyrssa, and Lethyr. Each miniature is a highly detailed Daughter of Khaine warrior equipped with the standard lethal bladed weaponry they’re known for along with hardly any armour at all which befits their agile nature. They’re also Warhammer Underworlds’ first fully female warband with a snake-aelf! My favourite miniature from the warband has to be Morgwaeth. She looks great and really stands out from the normal Hag Queen with her raised chalice and lengthy spear. I just love how everything is flowing in the same direction while she stands triumphantly a top some ruins. The ‘Eavy Metal team has really pushed the ball out of the park with their paintjob, truly beautiful work. Sweet Sacrifice is a great Surge aggro objective which Morgweath’s Bladecoven have in abundance. Basically have Morgwaeth kill someone. Kyrae can score it too, just not with her Heartseeker Bow which adds some nice redundancy in case Morgwaeth dies early.

I'm not in the UK, can I order from you anyway?

This is very matchup dependent. It’s a great one Glory card against swarm Warbands, but against anything Elite, this is basically a dead card early on, and still hard to score later. Khaine - Morathi - Scáthborn - Hagg Nar - Magic ( Lore of Shadows - Blood Magic) - Faith ( Prayers of the Khainite Cult - Miracles of Khaine - Invocation of Khaine) From Rippas, I would immediately slot in Gathered Momentum to your objectives and Sting of the Ur Grub to your upgrades. Temporary Victory is also a very good objective card if you decide you wanna go with a more aggro brawl over objectives style of play. Absolute Stillness is quite difficult to pull off if you’re not Thorns of the Briar Queen. Still, if you can invest in the push cards and run a lot of Quarry cards it’s very tasty for 2 glory as an end phase objective.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment