276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Art Heals: How Creativity Cures the Soul

£11.25£22.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In addition, the art therapy session was the first time that some participants had a chance to process the psychological and existential challenges of dealing with cancer. As a painter I have experienced the physical release of pain and emotional release of pain through painting. I also made a contribution to the playlist, finding connections between Dorothea Tanning’s dreamlike world and my own experiences.

The project was supported by Creative Forces, a federally funded initiative of the National Endowment for the Arts, in partnership with the U. In this book, Shaun McNiff, a leader in expressive arts therapy for more than three decades, reflects on a wide spectrum of activities aimed at reviving art's traditional healing function. Though intangible, these digital experiences can help people appreciate the physical world in new ways, and technology such as 3D printing could soon help us make some digital creative experiences more tactile. Rather than punch another human being, for instance, someone with aggressive tendencies could work with materials such as clay and wood that can absorb their energy and transform it into a creative product. Shaun McNiff challenges us through these remarkable essays not only to take on the role of artist and dare to create our most compelling images, but also to dialogue with them and by doing so, to engage in a process of healing the inevitable wounds of being human.And that was about the time I got your first piece as I found the vibrancy and colors to be just what I needed.

Many artists will tell you that making art is therapeutic and calming, that it helps you calm distracting, negative, and unhelpful thoughts, and that it gets your hands and body working as opposed to only your mind.Several patients described these sessions as one of the few moments of respite from their hectic treatment schedule, and they appreciated the time and space to reflect on their experiences.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment